guest

|guest|

The whole pack was in shambles

I had just woken up and I could smell all the different scents of all the people that were in the pack house right now.

As if on cue, Katey entered my room. Upon seeing me awake, she smiled. She hurried over to the curtains, opening them. The bright sunlight trespassed my room and almost rendered me blind.  "Good morning, Luna. You must wake up now and get prepared. Someone very important is coming."

I stretched my arms as far as I could, sitting up. A visitor?

"Who is it?" I asked. Panselinos rarely had visitors. Someone's arrival in the pack is always anticipated and announced. Whoever this visitor is, they must be important to be coming all of a sudden.

The young attendant smiled. "The Alpha's mother."

I could feel my jaw dropping. I-Ian's mom?!

Come to think of it, I've never heard anything about his parents, except that his father was a great Alpha as well. Seeing that he hasn't introduced me to them and I haven't seen them around, I assumed they were goners. I didn't want to ask either because I was waiting for Ian to tell me about them himself.

Now, knowing that they are alive, I actually felt quite bad for thinking that way.

Katey laughed cheekily and sat at the bottom of my bed with my towel in her arm.

"You must calm down, Luna. She is a lovely lady. Come, she will be here by lunch time." I looked over to the clock and it was already 9am. Of all days to wake up late!

Katey had already set up the baths, so I took a quick shower. I tried to calm my nerves, but the thought of meeting Ian's mother is just... nerve-wracking.

Getting out of the baths, I put on the outfit that Katey left for me. It was a black turtleneck and maroon skirt. Put together, it looked like I was wearing a dress. I blowdried my hair and combed them straight. I was slightly annoyed with the random grey strand of hair, which I tried to bury with my other brown hair, but it was impossible. It stood out too much.

Katey came back and it was already 10am. She carried a trey of food with her, a bowl of fruits, apple juice and croissants. "They're quite busy in the kitchen, Luna, so you must eat breakfast here today." she said.

"Thank you, Katey, you're doing too much for me." I say, feeling bad. I still wasn't used to all of this.

However, the young lady turned to me and smiled brightly. "This is nothing, Luna. It's an honour to be serving you." she said. At first, I was taken aback, but all that came out was a smile.

I continued to eat while Katey had left again to help out downstairs. By quarter to 11, Andrea came by and helped me with my makeup. She also told me a few stories about the woman whom I'm about to meet.