❛ 𝚋𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚎? ❜ | 𝚜𝚕𝚊𝚡𝚕

Start from the beginning

"Okay, honey, let's go cuddle, huh?" Slash scoops the child up in his arms as he stands, making him giggle uncontrollably. Axl smiled from the stove as Slash carried their son past him and to the living room where they flopped down on the sofa.

If you would have told him twelve years ago that he'd be married with his own home, two children, and one on the way, he might have just laughed in your face.

And if you told him he'd be married to a man- not just any man, but his best friend? He might have just broken your jaw. Axl grew up with the likes of God beaten down and berated on him. It hurt to smile, it was wrong to laugh, god hated when you had fun, Stephen hated when you didn't listen.

Mama cried, Stephen yelled, Amy hid, Stephen found her, Stuart prayed, Stephen tore him down. And Axl ran. Ran when he had to, ran when he didn't. He was scared. And he ran, with the promise to come back and get his family away from this terror.

He did. Three years later, after settling in Los Angeles and finding himself a steady job as an actuary for some up and coming company. He was earning more money than he'd ever imagined.

He was smart, they said. Smarter than anyone they'd met. And believe anyone who said it cause he was smart.

He set his family up in their own apartment while he put himself through night classes so he could work through the day. Then he met Slash, who was an up and coming musician.

Slash was as talented and smart as he was beautiful.

It was a mistake, them bumping into each other, but it never did them wrong. Never.

Axl smiled at the memories and finished dinner. He set the food on the table and quietly went to the living room to hear Slash talking softly to their son that was cuddled to his chest.

"And you won't need mommy's milk anymore, right?"

"No! Mommy milk!" Khailo whined. Slash fake pouted.

Axl giggled. "Boys, time for dinner."

Slash looks up and smiles. "Finally." He cheers.

"Finally!" Khailo repeats as he's lifted into the air by his father and treated as an airplane as they head for the kitchen.

"Ezra! Dinner!" Axl yells before following his husband into the kitchen. Footsteps hammer down the stairs and Ezra slides into the kitchen.

"Dad, I killed everyone in Fortnite. I'm the only one with a high killing streak!"

"Fortnite? What's that?" Axl asked as he plated the food — some pasta he'd learned to make from Duff.

"It's a really cool game." Ezra briefly says before shoving garlic bread into his mouth.

"Ez, please slow down." Slash chuckled at his son as he feeds little pieces of garlic bread to Khailo.

"Axl smiled, but gasped when he went to take a seat and a sharp pain shot through his belly. The table went silent.

"Honey, are you okay?" Slash asked.

Axl looked up and gave a wry smile as he laughs, a hand on his belly as he sat down. "He's just kicking. I think he'll be a soccer player."