❛❛ 𝚊𝚠𝚠, 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚍? ❜❜ | 𝚜𝚕𝚊𝚡𝚕

a short one :)

Fuck.

Their tour bus just had to stop in Indiana while the state was in the asscrack of its coldest year yet, and Axl was pissed.

"Son of a bitch!" The redhead jumped up from the sofa and snatched up his blankets.

Stevie, who was curled up with Duff on another sofa, jumped. Duff gave him a confused look, but the redhead just marched to his bunk so he could crash and hopefully forget about the cold weather until the morning when he chews someone out about it.

When he got to the back room he dramatically flopped down onto the bottom bunk and wrapped himself in his blankets.

Sure, he went through tough winters in Indiana, and sure he should be used to it, but he hadn't been back in years.

He'd gotten so used to the weather out there, that he never imagined coming back here...or anywhere cold. Ever.

He buried his face in his pillows and attempted to trick his mind into putting him to sleep. He was close, but then a whimper from the top bunk broke him out of his put me to sleep trance.

"Slash?" He slowly sat up.

"S-s-sorry. 'M jus' c-cold." The younger man's teeth chattered as he tried to talk.

Axl chuckled, climbing off of his bunk. And reaching his hand up to brush over his guitarists cheek.

"Fuck, you're freezing, curls."

Having living in L.A. since he could walk on his own, Slash couldn't remember the last time he was this fucking cold. Badass or not, he was freezing his ass off. No amount of leather could keep him warm in this weather.

Slash wasn't used to this. He could get sick. Slash could play his guitar if he was on his deathbed if it meant making the fans happy, but Axl still didn't want to take the risk of Slash getting a cold and then the rest of the band slowly after.

Management was already hot on their asses because of the shows Axl came to and left in the middle of.

Or the ones where he didn't show up at all.

No more risks

"Thanks for stating the obvious, asshole. You're not making it any warmer." Slash stammered over his chattering teeth.

"Aww, is the baby cold?" Axl teases.

"Fuck. Off." Slash buries his head in a pillow.

"Just hold on." Axl dove onto his bunk and gathered up all his blankets. He tossed them up onto Slash's bunk and began climbing up.

"Ax, wh-what are you....huh?"

"I'm sharing. You better not tell the guys about this".

Slash nodded.

"Wh-What ab-about y-you?"

"What, you thought I was letting you keep my blankets to yourself?" The redhead chuckled, laying down next to Slash and pulling the blanket over them.

"Just keep your cold ass toes offa me, okay?"

"Socks." Slash ran a socked foot over Axl's leg to indicate the fluffy material of his socks.

"Fluffy socks? Are you serious?" Axl laughed, pulling the guitarist closer.

"Shut up. Mom made them for me. They keep my feet warm." Slash whined, weakly slapping Axl's chest as he laid his head there.

Axl instinctively threaded his fingers through those wild curls and chuckled. "Feelin' any better?" Axl asks.

To answer his question, Slash scooter closer and curled up next to him and nodded. "You're warm. Thank you, Ax."

"Don't mention it."

Soon Slash's soft breaths were heard  and Axl took that as a signal that the younger was asleep. He couldn't stop staring at him, though.

He never really stopped to admire Slash, but now that he had, he found it was the best thing he's ever took the time out of his life to do. Ola and Anthony made some beautiful children.

Then Axl realized something. His greatest fear. Admitting he was in love.

He had fallen head over heels and onto his ass for Saul Hudson.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Meanwhile, Izzy leaned on the door frame with a smirk playing on his lips. It was dark and Axl couldn't see him, but he sure as hell could see Axl and the dopey lovesick smile on his face.

His smirked stayed on his face as he went back out to the front of the bus where Stevie was asleep on top of Duff, who was also asleep, holding the smaller blonde close.

Ugh. He's surrounded by mushy love.

.....