❛ 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚜 ❜ | 𝚜𝚕𝚊𝚡𝚕

I don't know what this is.

Axl was pissed.

No. He was way beyond pissed. He wanted to punch someone in their fucking throat.

Axl he had a kid at home. A kid and a pregnant— very pregnant— husband, so you can only guess how furious Axl was when he found out.

His boss had been guilting Axl into working overtime most nights for the past two months and he was just now finding out that he wasn't getting paid half of what he should have.

And Axl was a nice person, he never much said 'No' to anyone and for some reason since the age of 7 he's always felt immensely guilty, so he tried his best to stay on people's good side and keep them happy.

And what's worse, the snow outside was coming down hard. In that moment Axl vaguely remembered passing by the living room TV this morning and hearing a news anchor say something along the lines of, 'severe snow storm'.

Christmas was in two days and he and Saul, his husband, haven't been shopping.

Well, at least Axl hasn't been.

Mostly because he's been at work with the car and Saul was too pregnant to go out on his own.

He growled, climbing into his car and slamming the door shut behind him as he tossed his bag in the backseat.

He laid his head on the wheel, breathing shakily.

A few seconds later there was a knock on the window and Axl jumped, lifting his head from the steering wheel to glare at his disturbance.

The glare instantly waned when he saw his best friend wave innocently at him. Axl chuckled humorlessly and unlocked the doors, letting Duff climb into the passenger seat and close the door.

"What's got ya down, man?" The blonde sighed in relief as the warm heat of the car hit him.

"Boss is fuckin' me over. I'm scared for my family, Duff." Axl's voice shook.

Duff's smiles fell as he realized that something was really wrong.

"Hey....hey, calm down. You can talk to me, you know that." Duff immediately hopped in the mother-hen boat and started paddling.

He comforted Axl to the best of his abilities.

"Duff, I'm scared and pissed. All I want is to provide for my family and keep them happy and I can't even do that." Axl sighed, shakily, willing those tears to stay in his eyes.

"Well, what about those nightclub gigs you were doing? They paid a lot. I can get Michelle to let you perform down there for Christmas...just later in the day so you can spend time with your family."

"I dunno, Duff. Isn't it a bit much?"

"Axl, those people down at the clubs love you, your voice and your overall exuberance up on that stage. They'd pay loads to see that."

"You really think so?" Axl peered up at the blonde who nodded.

Axl smiled and they both sat in comfortable silence until Axl's phone rang, sounding throughout the car and making Axl jump.