❛ 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝚖𝚎, 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚜 ❜ | 𝚏𝚎𝚖!𝚍𝚞𝚏𝚏/𝚊𝚡𝚕

cw // homophobia, homophobic slur

——

"C'mon, babe, it wasn't even that bad." Axl giggled, failing to keep up with Duff's quick stride resulting in her swatting at the air instead of Duff's arm.

Duff rolled her eyes, subconsciously slowing her pace. As she shook her overgrown bangs from her eyes, she chuckled. "They were like toddlers up there. They looked ridiculous."

"They sounded okay, at least." Axl shrugged, exhaling as they slowed near the bus stop. "Admittedly, they could use some work, but they were good enough."

"Maybe for a middle school talent show." Then Duff eyed her and laughed at how exasperated she was. "The bar was only a block from here Rosie."

Axl sent her an empty glare. "Well you're as fucking tall as Lady Liberty and you move like a racehorse that has to piss, how can anyone keep up with you?" She huffed. "And stop callin' me Rosie. Rosie sounds like an old hooker's name."

The corner of Duff's mouth quirked up in an amused smile. "Hey, don't bad-mouth my girl."

Axl gave her arm a half-assed swat and Duff took the chance to grab her airborne hand and pull her close.

Axl smiled sweetly, staring up at her fiancée as she rested her arms around Duff's shoulders.

Duff raised her free hand to Axl's hip and rested her forehead against Axl's own.

"I can't believe I'm marrying you in a few months. I'm the luckiest fuckin' bitch in the world."

Axl felt her cheeks warm as well as her chest. "Yeah, well, I'd wager I'm the lucky one here."

"And how do you figure?" Duff asks, bemused.

"Because.....No one else on this planet will be marrying the most perfect, beautiful, smartest, sexiest bass player ever created by God's own hands, on August 23, 2022."

Duff's entire face went up in flames and she ducked her head bashfully. "Shut the fuck up." She murmured, failing to suppress a smile.

Axl leaned in and gently nipped at Duff's lip before the taller woman eagerly leaned in for more.

Axl giggled, readying herself to give Duff whatever she wanted. Until she'd heard the last thing any couple minding their own business wanted to hear.

"Woo, girl on girl! I can't wait to see this!"

Axl saw Duff's face visibly blanch.

The two look up to see a group of four men approaching the bus stop.

Alcohol bottles were hidden within brown paper bags clasped tightly in each of their hands.

Axl and Duff swallowed uncomfortably, retracting from each other, but still standing close.

The disorderly bunch squeeze onto the wobbly bench and stare and jeer at them like they're in a fucking zoo, watching animals.

"Hey, redhead, feel up the blonde, won't you? Give us somethin' to look at!" One guy, who was a balding man that had to have been in his thirties heckles.

"Kiss her!"

The other men cackle grossly at that, yelling incoherently in agreement.

Without even glancing at her fiancée, Axl can tell Duff is trying to make herself as invisible as a nearly 7-foot tall woman can, shaking her hair back into her face and avoiding the men's prying eyes.

Axl holds her hand tightly, glaring daggers at the men as she pulls Duff closer to her.

"Ah, don't get shy now!" Another man shouts. This one is younger. Has hair just like Stevie's, but doesn't match the girl's innocence at all.