❛ 𝚠𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚕𝚎 ❜ | 𝚜𝚕𝚞𝚏𝚏

ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴀɴʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ 

[ ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀɴ!ᴀᴜ ]

sʟᴀsʜ ɪs 30 ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴏᴇs ʙʏ sᴀᴜʟ
ᴅᴜғғ ɪs 31 ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴏᴇs ʙʏ ᴅᴜғғ
ɢɴʀ ɪs sᴛɪʟʟ ᴀ ᴛʜɪɴɢ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴅᴀᴛᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴇᴀʀs
ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀʟᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴏɴᴇsʜᴏᴛ

sᴇᴘᴛᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 7ᴛʜ, 2020

"Rain, papa..." She says rain the way a child learning to speak says, with a 'w'. It's a little speech impediment that's adorable now but is easily fixable.

Khari peers up at the sky, cautiously, defeating the purpose of the pink rain hat over her head of brown curls.

Duff looks down at the child gently squeezing her smaller hand in his. "Yeah, babydoll." He smiles.

He laughs a little when a raindrop falls on Khari's nose and she goes cross eyed for a moment to try and see it.

"She's a fixer upper..." Saul waddled over to his family, looking over his shoulder at the large house. "But I can already see the memories we're gonna make."

He looks at Duff then, that soft mile adorning his husband's face.

"Definitely a fixer-upper." Duff says, earning an eye roll from his curly-haired lover.

"And what about you, my sunshine?" He squats as best as he could in front of his four-year-old. "Do you like our new home?"

The child nods like her head is loose from her shoulders, which makes Saul believe he might have neck pains later just from watching her do that.

"I saw three frogs, mama!" She held up three fingers for reference.

Saul's eyes brightened and he scooped Khari up in his arms, smushing kisses to her face as she giggled uncontrollably.

Saul was almost six months along with his third — and final, he swore— child, and he needed to get his family into their own space.

Don't get him wrong, he loved the McKagan family and their hospitality that went for miles, but there's just that thing about having a place to call your own.

There was just something about going into a space that's conveniently your own.

"You think Karter will like it?" Duff asks, unsure.

Saul looks up at this, balancing Khari on his hip. "Well, I hope so. He can get up to a lot out here."

Duff nodded, looking around at the tall trees that surrounded the home on all sides.

The house wasn't entirely suffocated by trees, but they're all you'd see if you looked around you.

They had moved to a rural town near Seattle, Washington. The town was named Leavenworth and was beautiful. Everyone was nice and knew each other.