❛ 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚜𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛? ❜ 𝚙𝚝. 𝟸 | 𝚜𝚕𝚞𝚏𝚏

It was all a blur, how I got here. I could barely remember. The roiling in my blood was more like adrenaline, keeping me moving along the whole time. I know that when I stepped foot on those grounds, there was no turning back, no running, no hiding. It was now or never.

I hid behind a tree in a small patch of trees about a few miles away from that big empty space. Bombs being set off shook the ground regularly and the men that lined the front were so used to this, their bodies never moved when the ground did.

I slung my sniper rifle over my left shoulder and did the same with my AK on my left shoulder, and tucked the other two guns and some ammunition in my belt before stealthily climbing the tree. The dark night and starless/moonless sky helped to cover this part of the earth in inky blackness.

Once in my spot on the tree, I softly began praying as my heart hammered in my chest. I'd been planning this for a month.

Yes, a month. I had to teach myself survival skills and shit. And if this didn't go the way I planned, we'll just have to see where that'll leave me.

Once done praying, I made sure my bullet proof vest was fixed,(or maybe I was stalling) as I stared ahead at the men. They seemed to be just....there. Like lawn decorations or something.

The rest of the 'army' was probably on their day off cause it totally looked fucking pathetic, the way those men stood there like they ruled the world. They were guarding a fucking lawn with a unthreatening fence being built around it.

I sighed, finding a bearable spot on the huge tree branches to perch myself as I took my rifle off of my shoulder, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"For Duff, for Grace, for everyone. And if I die," I whispered, opening my eyes and aiming for someone's head.

"Then fuck it." I applied pressure to the trigger.

The next few moments were a blur and before I knew it, all eight guards were drowning in their own blood. "Serves you right, fuckers." I mumbled, waiting a few minutes before I slung the gun back over my shoulder.

I carefully climbed back down the tree, creeping closer to the deserted-like space. It was just a big, big space. As I creeped closer, I snatched a gun from one of the dead men and carried that with me, past the gate. Fixing my face mask, I ducked behind a stack of large crates.

I didn't have to guess to know they were nuclear weapons. What could they possibly do with nukes and why would they need an entire city to do it?

I smiled when I looked over the gun I was holding and saw it had a silencer.

"Where's Gomez?" A guard walked past.

I stood stiff, watching him look outside the gate. His eyes widened when he saw the scattered bodies. He turned to go call for someone but was met with my face. I punched him in the face and dragged him behind the crates when he fell.

"Where the hell is everyone?" I whispered in a threatening tone, pressing my boot into his chest. "Like I'd ever tell you." He spat.

I pointed the gun right between his eyes.

"Where..are..those..people?"