❛ 𝚗𝚘 𝚌𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚌𝚑 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚍 ❜ | 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗/𝚍𝚞𝚏𝚏

i live by you
desire

i stand by you
walk through fire

your love is my scripture
let me in through your encryption

SOMEONE SHOULD CHECK ON HIM. ❞ Axl says, sipping his whiskey slowly as he watched their usually bubbly drummer mope the night away on a wall. He couldn't care less about why the drummer was sulking, he just wanted to be nosy.

Izzy just hums noncommittally, one of his hands subconsciously rubbing circles into Axl's upper thigh, the other resting on the singer's hip, leaned back in his seat with his hat pulled over his face.

Slash, after taking a large swig of Izzy's abandoned Brandy, looks up at the singer, then follows his eyesight to the other side of the room.

Steven is leaned against a wall, dress shirt untucked from his pants, and his bow tie missing. His head lolls and bobs lazily as he continues to drink himself into a coma.

Slash then looks to the middle of the room where Duff is dancing happily with his new bride and their families. It's sappy. It's beautiful.

And Steven hates it.

Duff had gotten married today, putting a nice, big expensive diamond on the ring finger of one Amanda Margaret Brix.

Some would-be singer that had met Duff at one of GNR's gigs four months ago.

Four months.

Four months was all it took and Duff had already planned the rest of his life with her before he'd even asked her to be his wife.

He hadn't even thought about it. He'd ran to Slash, yammering about how she was the girl of his dreams and how they both decided they wanted to get married, and blah blah blah.

Slash had been confused, but supported his best friend's decision. He had an inkling the marriage wouldn't last, but he, of course, would never bring this up to the bassist.

The same night Duff proposed to Mandy, surrounded by their friends and family, he'd crept into Steven's hotel bed and they fucked like they were the ones getting married.

And like clockwork, everytime, Duff had crept away before Steven could wake and the sun could peek over the horizon.

And just like every time, Steven had climbed into the shower and sobbed his heart out to the point of being unable to breathe, asking himself why Duff wanted him but didn't want him.

So he'd turned to alcohol.

Duff hated when Steven got drunk because he got heartless and it was near impossible to calm him down when he got to that point.

And he was getting there. Quickly.

As the drummer attempted to throw back another swig from his bottle, his mood soured further when he realized the bottle of vodka was completely empty.

He growled, pushing himself off of the wall with a stumble.

Without a second thought, he'd tossed the bottle over his shoulder and headed back to the bar, stepping over glass and ignoring the stares garnered from the sound of a shattered bottle.

"Yup, let's get him." Izzy says, pushing his hips up gently to get the redhead off of his lap.

Axl rolled his eyes with a pout. "Do I have to?"