Chapter Ninety-Seven: Blood of Gold

- Let go of the past

Robert Greene

"What do we do? Just slice open her wrists?" Tom glares at me as we stroll through the Courtyard after class, walking away from Hogwarts

"No, you idiot we prick her finger a bit. See if she's the one Grindelwald is after."

"She's his daughter if you haven't forgotten."

I shoot him an annoyed look. "Of course I haven't." I scowl at him. "We just have to check the color of her blood." I sigh at him and he scowls.

"I know that." He drawls unimpressed and then apparates away, leaving me glaring at thin air.

"Ass." I exclaim only to apparate back home in my room. Riddle apparently had the same idea, considering it was the middle of that day and the Inn probably had customers.

He exits his own room and we meet in the main corridor.

"Mom? Dad?" Ariana asks wandering into the hall from her own room. Her tiny face bursts into a huge grin and she rushes at us, ensnaring the pair of us in a hug typical Ariana hug.

"Hey sweetie!" I grin, ruffling her hair.

"Unhand me you filthy thing." Riddle scowls, stepping away from her.

His words were angry but his face was emotionless.

"Why are you here?!" She asks and we both grow silent, unsure of how to approach the timid topic.

"Ariana sweetie...." I grab her tiny hand in my own and guide her into my room, away from prying eyes.

"Have you ever had blood taken out of you?" Tom demands, straight to the point.

Ariana's whole face goes pale, she rips her hand away from my grasp and scampers into the corner looking like she was seconds away from bursting into tears.

"You- you- you aren't going to hurt me are you?" She stuttered out and looked honest to god terrified.

I felt myself paling and even Tom grows unusually silent at her reaction. "What!? No of course not!" I defend, going down on my knees to try to seem less intimidating to the terrified child. "We would never ever hurt you Ariana." I say softly.