Chapter Ninety-Five: Chainsaw Torture

"When you are out of control, someone is ready to take over

"When you are out of control, someone is ready to take over."

― Toba Beta

A good month had passed and we had not been attacked again

I guess they realized how hard we are to actually kill. 

We didn't get any more notes either. 

I round over the corner and enter the Great Hall, feet prancing over to the Slytherin table. I sit on the table edge, placing my feet beside Lestrange. He stares at me, his green eyes lighting up in mirth. 

"To what do we owe this pleasure Val?" He grins at me and I give him a look. 

"Hey Lestrange." I muse at him, flipping through my recent stolen dark arts book. 

I smack the book open, searching for the page I was drastically trying to find. 

"Someone is busy." Rosier drawls, moving to lean on the table beside my figure. 

"I read about this really helpful spell and just bolted down here. Where's Riddle by the way?" I ask and they shrug. 

"We aren't you Valentine... We don't have to know where Riddle is 24/7." Rosier scoffs, his brown eyes alight in humour. I swirl around, crossing my legs on the table. 

"Do you want to be hexed?" I muse, my eyes growing black. 

"You need to stop that." Rosier, ruffles my hair cringing back. "Seriously you look like a demon. Stop it." He muses and I get smacked in the head. 

"OW!!! Riddle, I swear to god!!" I glare at the handsome Slytherin that had just strolled over. 

He pushes me off the table with an annoyed look. "Don't sit on tables." He says voice curt and I roll my eyes, hopping back on the table giving him a don't you dare boss me around look. 

"You were going to show me a spell?" He muses, picking up a newspaper to read. He perches himself beside Hagrid, crossing his legs looking regal. 

"I need to teach you guys how to hide your thoughts from him." I drawl, rolling my eyes. 

"Don't even think about it Dumbledore." Tom doesn't look up from his newspaper. 

"Look." I snatch the newspaper from under his nose, resulting in a death glare, and stuffing the huge book in his arms, almost making him topple over. he catches himself instantly and looks at me infuriated. 

"Dumbledore..." He hisses. 

"Riddle." I grin back at him and his eyes soften slightly. 

"What am I looking at?" He sighs and I point to the spell he had to learn. 

"Learn that spell. I want to try it but its a two-person thing." I muse. 

"Learning current prophecies?" He speaks in my head and I nod. 

"There's one we need to know about," I tell him, reminding him of the prophecy geared around Ariana. 

I think there was one about me as well... if they weren't the same one. 

His eyes gleam slightly and he nods, getting up. 

"Let's do it." He muses. 

"Now?" I ask. "Did you even read the damn spell?" I give him an unimpressed look. 

"I'll learn it on the way. I aways get spells from the first try." 

"It's complicated. You should read it." I warn him. 

"Let's go." He ignores me, strolling ahead. 

I give him the middle finger and he whirls around giving me a Really look. 

"Yes, really you ass!" I snap, moving swiftly to his side. "Shall we?" I smirk and he pinches the bridge of his nose, seriously done with me. 

"Why do I keep you around." He grumbles.

"Because I'm amazing!" I cheer, skipping ahead and twirling around. 

"You aren't a ballerina. Stop acting like one. "

"I don't recall asking you to shit on my happy mood. Take your pessimistic ass elsewhere servant." 

Tom stared at me, eyes wide in anger. He looked like a bull waiting to charge at any second and damn if that wasn't the most hilarious thing I'd ever seen.

I burst out laughing, ducking at a spell that exploded inches above my head. 

"HEY!!! That spell would've torn my HEAD OFF!!" I snap, instantly striking back at him with an equally potent and deadly spell.

"And that spell would've had me throwing up blood to the degree of bleeding out and dying." He slides to the side, barely escaping my wrath. 

"Good now that we know how equally dangerous we both are... Are you ready to grow up and help me with this spell? If you don't I'll just go call Nott over and-" 

Tom literally shoves me ahead. "Move if you don't want Theodore's head served to you on a platter." He growls, making me scoff. 

"I would stop you." I muse. 

"And why exactly would you stop me from killing another man?" He demands, eyes growing black in his anger. 

"Because he's my friend you idiot. I'm not going to stand idly by while you get a freaking chainsaw to chop him up to pieces!" I snap. 

Tom pauses for a second and then points at me. "What if he betrayed us to Grindelwald? What then?" He muses, crossing his arms annoyed. 

"Then I'd hand you the freaking chainsaw to chop him up," I say in a duh tone, making him smirk amused. 

"If anyone ever betrays me, I'll know who to call for torturing methods." He murmurs. I nod exasperated. 

"Yes. Yes. Yes. I think we all know you're a psychopath Riddle." 

"Actually I think I'm more of a sociopath. You are the psychopath Dumple." 

I blink in realization, chuckles escaping me. "Wow. The sociopath and psychopath teaming up? We'll be unstoppable." 

Tom says nothing but the pleased glint in his eyes gives it all away and I'm left smiling to myself.

"Together, we form a necessary paradox; not a senseless contradiction."

― Criss Jami