Chapter Six: The Yellow Dorms

There are two types of people in the world: those who prefer to be sad among others, and those who prefer to be sad alone

-Nicole Krauss

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aberforth took me back up the castle steps around half-past eleven. He sent me off into school, with a fond pat on my head like I was his pet dog or something. I didn't mind, though.

"You are always welcome at the Inn young one. Come visit soon." He tells me, and I nod with a matching smile.

"It was nice to meet you, cousin." I tease the man, and he brings me in for a hug.

"It was an honour child." He replies and then apparates back to his Inn. He'd apparated me back to the castle. I was getting better with not wanting to hurl like the last time Albus had apparated me.

Albus had been waiting for me at the steps as if he knew exactly what time I'd be back.

"Aberforth is always at least half an hour early to meetings. I figured he'd do the same in regards to bringing you back." He tells me when I'd asked. It seemed like the brothers loved each other dearly but were now utter foes.

He'd taken me to the Hufflepuff dorms with the instructions to get up bright and early so I wouldn't be late for classes, handing me my class schedule.

I knew how to get into the dorms because Albus had informed me how. The professors knew how to access all the dorms. However, I only knew how to access two of them. I was still Slytherin at heart, but I guess now I was needed more as a Hufflepuff.

I walk up to the pile of large barrels, stacked in the shadows on the right-hand side corridor.

One fabulous quality of the Hufflepuff dorms was that they were near the kitchens. I'd snuck into the kitchens and swiped a couple of cookies.

Well, not swiped because a house-elf caught me and handed them to me with a mysterious smile.

She was the most adorable house elf I'd seen.