Chapter Ninety-Six: Written in Blood

-Evil is made not born

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So the prophecies have to be written in blood, hence we have to kill an animal." I muse, making Tom whirl around to blink at me.

"And she called me the psychopath."

"Choose the damn animal, Thomas." I retort, sitting on the grass in the courtyard, and leaning up against the school walls.

"A squirrel?" He muses and I give him a look. "You choose it then if you're going to be so picky about it." He sneers, making me roll my eyes.

I sigh, eyes wandering to the side. My hand strikes out in the air and the next second a bird shoots down directly in front of us.

"No need for dramatics here," Tom says irritated and moves to touch the bird with his foot, kicking it slightly. "Is that all we need?"

"I thought you read the book," I demand, hand motioning to the huge thing in my bag, that he'd passed back to me.

"I read enough." He raises a brow and I roll my eyes at him.

"If you get the spell wrong and end up with a horse's rear for an ass, I will only do my lawful duty as a friend and laugh," I smirk back at him.

"We are not friends." He snaps back.

"You don't automatically try to kill me when I annoy you so I think that is what friend means in the Tom Riddle dictionary."

He doesn't answer, just aiming to glare at me.

"You know your part of the spell?" I ask moving so that the bird was between us. Tom moves to sit across from me, crossing his legs elegantly.

"Of course." He snorts, looking dreadfully bored.

I snap my fingers and a circle of flames encircle us. "Then let's begin." I smile.

"Imperium" I hiss and the flames increase in size like I doused them in gasoline. I could only see Tom now.

"Audite me vis prophetiae." The words I announce out loud have the fires around us hissing like they were listening to us.