Chapter Ninety-Four: Despicable Us

Start from the beginning

You don't get over losing your other half that easily.

Theseus stares up at the banshees and sighed, conjuring a Patronus. The corporal blue hawk flies above him and soars away with his message to The Department of Regulation and Control of Magic Creatures.

They could deal with this utter madness.

He watches as the hawk flies away and sighs, the grip on his wand growing tighter. It was still the same thought. The same thing he thought of to conjure up his Patronus.

Her. Always her.

He always thought of Leta.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Abby wakes up and realizes she had been fast asleep on a couch in Aberforth's Inn. She was cuddled in Avery's arms and he draped his arms over her protectively, still asleep.

Her eyes dart around. Val was asleep on the floor with little Ariana sleeping in her arms. Ariana must've heard the noise, seen Val and decided to sleep beside her mother.

Tom slept on the couch right above Valentine. She realized that both of them were reaching out to the other unconsciously in their sleep. Her heart melts at seeing the three of them like that.

Nott was asleep on the floor by Val. He was curled up into a ball, hurling the blanket closer to him.

Aberforth has probably been too lazy to move everyone to beds.

Abby looks up at her boyfriend and smiles softly. She adored him with all her heart. He was the sweetest. However, he was only like that around her.

He considered Valentine a friend so he was nice to her, but that was it. As if anyone could ever be mean to Valentine. Tom would probably torture him to insanity that is if Valentine didn't murder him first. Avery only ever spoke to her and Val, out of her friends, sometimes Gideon if he was in an extra good mood that day.

To anyone else he just didn't speak to them. Didn't bother giving them the time of day. She had no idea why he ended up having feelings for her. She wasn't anything special. She wasn't smart like Pan, innocent or kind like Greta and she definitely wasn't anywhere near as talented or powerful as Val.

But Avery fell for her.

Not them.

And she couldn't have been happier.

Slowly, and carefully she detangles herself out of Avery's arms feeling like an acrobat as she tried to not jostle him too much.

She hops away on one foot, almost stepping on Nott to her horror.

Stumbling back she winces slightly and sits down in the huge purple one-seater, trying to catch her breath.

Waving her wand, she starts to make herself a cup of coffee. It floats over and lands into her hands the moment Tom Riddle began to wake up.

She watches in fasicanation as Tom Riddle groggily opens his eyes and looks around.

He didn't notice she was awake yet and she stares as his eyes flicker down to land on Valentine's form. The hard aggression in his eyes disappears in a second and his lips seem to twitch upwards. His eyes go to her hand that had been reaching upwards towards him in her sleep and his eyes soften even more.