70

JUNGKOOK

"She has a weak heart, too much stress and higher levels of anxiety and depression are part of the reason, noticing the rise of cortisol and lack of thyroid hormones. Has she had any recent exposures that may have led to this?" The doctor informed us after Aerum was out of the ICU and now in a room, where we waited for her to get up.

Despite knowing the reasons I looked towards Tae who looked gloomy, I was too worked up to think as well, so I was well aware of his condition.

"She lost her sister." He answered shortly and my breath hitched at that, realizing that the woman I once showered all my love on was no more.

"My condolences. We've done what we could but I request you to take care of this situation, obviously, she wouldn't be treated too fast, her body needs to cope with the medication which could take a few days, maybe weeks. We've given her the dosages from the prescription for now, so she should be okay."

We nod and she left, once again our sights were concentrated on the sleeping Aerum.

"I'll take care of the papers, don't leave," Taehyung told me and went out after one last look at her.

I knelt down next to her and took her hand in mine, caressing it with my thumb.

"Wake up Aerum, please."

- - -

AERUM

When I woke up, I felt drained, tired and sleepy despite just waking up.

I got up to see Taehyung sitting at the end of the bed. He smiled to see me and helped me up. 

"Jungkook just went out to get us something to eat," Tae said and I nod realizing Jungkook wasn't here.

He held my hand and caressed the skin with his fingers, I remained stoic not being able to control my emotions, let alone fake a smile.

"How are you?" he asked me and I scoffed internally.

"I don't even know to be honest, tired?" I answered and he nods knowingly.

"I might have to leave.." I heard him say and my ears shot up.

"Leave? where?" I asked and he looked nervous.

"Dad's business, they loved my designs and wanted me to be the one initiating the branch in Beijing." He said and I gulped.

"How long?"

"I don't know. It's business, could take a few minutes even a few years.." He said and I bit my tongue.

"What exactly are you trying to tell me Tae?"

"I don't want you to wait for me." He said and his head hung low, his hand still clasped over mine.

"Hey.." I said and lifted his chin.

"Why? You don't trust me?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I trust you more than anyone in this world. What I'm trying to say is... let's start over."

"What do you mean?"

He took off the wedding ring and placed it in my palm. My eyes softened as I watched him.

"Maybe it was never meant for me... The next few years are gonna be hectic, and I don't want you to suffer with me. So, if you find the one embrace him. I'll still wait for you though. Promise."

"You're hurting me you know," I said and he looked down.

"If time is right for us, we'll come back together." He said.

TBC

Author-nim knows this part was confusing af but I promise to give a brief explanation at the end.

Someone's coming to sue me hehe