6

JUNGKOOK'S POV

I somehow managed to quickly get her out of the club and walked towards the car, but I guess I was late.

The alcohol kicked in.

She started with a few hiccups which soon turned into giggles for no apparent reason.

I held her close to me to make sure she doesn't fall. I was about to take my keys out when she suddenly ran away.

"HEY!!!" I shouted before running after her. She wasn't that fast so I was able to reach her easily. As soon as I was near her, I stretched my hand and grabbed her shoulders.

"AERUM!" I shouted a bit loud. She got startled, it made me feel bad. We just met and I've already started to yell at her. The way she just stared down at her feet after. It made me feel even worse. Just because she was drunk didn't mean that she would take everything as a joke.

Without thinking I quickly pulled her into my embrace. She didn't hug back, and that just made me feel even worse. I pulled away and looked at her.

"I'm sorry." I said softly hoping that she would accept my apology.
She looked up at me and soon smiled wide and I got flustered when I saw her dimples. So deep and cute. I giggled a bit.

"It's fine." She said still smiling but her eyes drowsy because the alcoholic beverage that she took in.

"Now come on, it's getting late." I said and started to pull her back to the car.

"Nooooooo....." she said and pulled me from the other side.

"It's such a beautiful day,the sun's shining so bright!" She said while pointing towards the sky, her smile still not leaving her face.

"Aerum, it's past midnight now."I sighed and shook my head while cursing the bartender that served her that drink.

"Reallyyyyy!!! , Oh my God!" She said with her eyes wide and I chuckled at her cuteness. I never had a sister. I grew up with one older brother, and right now, I really wish I had one. Damn, Ara is really lucky.

"Come on!!!" She started pulling me towards a nearby park. I stopped trying and waited for her to get a bit tired or sleepy so that I could take her home.

She sat on one of the swings and childishly patted the seat of the other one for me to take.

I sat down next to her and she started laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked her.

"Why shouldn't I? My life is so fucked up that I can't help but laugh at myself."  She said while still chuckling at her own words.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused, I couldn't believe her words.

I didn't know a lot about her. Ara always told me that she had a little sister but she never talked about her that much. She warned me to not ask her anything about her family, which I still do not know why.

"Do your parents love you?" She asked softly as if she knew the answer already. She stopped the loud laughs as they slowly turned to little giggles.

"Of course they do. Why wouldn't they? My parents do love me! Every parent loves their child." I said while staring at her deeply trying to understand where she was going with this.

"Well, throw away the stereotype." She said with a chuckling tone.

"Why?" I was worried this time.

"Guess what, my parents detest me. Not just detest, but hate too. They disgust on my being." She said making me look at her, shocked.

"No, Aerum. I'm sure they love you." I said calmly trying to make her think of it.

"No, they don't, and I dont think they ever will. Maybe I'm just some trash, people always used me to get to Ara. Why you ask? Cause she's way prettier than me? Cause she has parents who actually appreciate her existence while they mourn over mine.
They say that Death is the worst punishment, but living a life where people do their best to ignore you is even worse."

She said all that coldly but her voice told me otherwise. I could sense pain in it. Seeing that she didn't even leat a drop of tear out made me surprised.

Maybe she has been going through all of this since childhood, and that is why she didn't cry over it now.

I felt like comforting her.

"Aer-"

"No it's fine, you don't need to try or comfort me or pity me in any way, I'm used to this so much that I feel like in a few years I'll be immune to hatred and everything related to it."

She said and smiled warmly at me. Just that smile could tell how broken she was inside.

I hugged her tightly, although the effect of alcohol was still lingering on the way she was giggling the whole time, I still hugged her and patted her head.

"Trust me Ara, you might not know but there are probably many people who do like you. Just in these few hours , I've started  enjoying while just being  with you. I'm sure if you talk to people they would love you just like this."

I tried comforting her with whatever words that came to my mouth. She needed it.

"You think so?" She asked her eyes sleepy and drunk as they stared at me. Pulling away a little from the warm hug.

"I really do!" I answered and smiled widely at her as she did the same.

And then she closed the gap between us ,with her lips in between mine, she kissed me.

To be continued....