35

AERUM'S POV

Tae still kept setting me up on blind dates, usually with a bit of help from Jimin. After some time I realised that Tae had grown interest over the girl we rescued from the party that day.

She was pretty for all I knew but at the same time I couldn't just call Tae anytime and ask him if he wanted to hangout.

I let out a sigh as I catch a glimpse over the similar face that I've been seeing a lot lately.

Jungkook...

He was always there, whenever I went on a blind date he would always be there, sneaking up on me and the guy I'll be talking to.

Whenever I'd excuse myself to use the washroom during the date, I'll only come back to see the guy gone. Same with Jungkook.

He always thought I didn't see him, he was so wrong. I could see him well enough and by now I hoped he figured that out.

My date finally arrived and apologised for being late, I smiled and said it was fine. At the corner of my eye I could clearly see Jungkook staring at us, but I never turned his way.

Doesn't he get bored, this is the sixth time he's doing this.

The guy in front of me excused himself to use the washroom and by Jungkook's movements I could feel him trying to follow the guy.

Before he could I quickly made my way to him, making sure my date has no clue and quickly grabbed a hold of Jungkook's arm.

I pulled him roughly and he followed without any protest.

I brought him out of the place and stared at him, hoping for some sort of explanation, but he only stared back at me.

"Well?" I asked and he still had his eyes pouring into mine.

Feeling slightly frustrated I raised my fingers and annoyingly held the bridge of my nose.

"Jungkook, would you kindly explain why on earth you're trying to ruin all my dates?" I asked him politely.

He only shrugged and answered.

"It isn't good for you to hangout with a lot of men." He said simply and I could feel my eyebrow twitching.

"And that is a problem to you how?"
I asked and he raised his eyebrow.

"You're my friend, of course I care about!" He said and I widened my eyes.

"Friends? Since when did we be friends Jungkook?" I asked now with my hands on my hips and he turned his head to the side.

"Look, I'm sorry for all I've caused you. I want it to come to an end now. Please, can we just be f-friends?" He asked, his eyes now facing the ground below.

I just stared at him for two seconds.

"Is this some kind of joke?" I asked sincerely and his head raised up.

"No, I swear. I just want to end this bicker once and for all. Can we start all over again?" He said and honestly I really didn't know what to say.

I was still in shock, my eyes staring into his as he still looked at me with hope.

"Okay."
I don't know what got into me and I said that, but I wasn't the only one shocked. Even Jungkook looked surprised with my answer.

Like he was expecting me to reject his offer from the start.

"But do you really mean it?" I asked him, only for assurance.

"Yes, every word." He said, a genuine smile dancing on his lips. Kinda like the one I saw on his face the first time we met.

"So, I'm Jungkook. You are?"

I frowned, I couldn't get him the first time. Then my head bringing me back to realisation, I left a smile.

"Hi Jungkook, I'm Aerum."

"That's a pretty name, would you like to be friends with me?" He asked me still with a smile on his face.

"Sure."

After that it was like me and Jungkook never fought at all. He somehow was over everything I said to him, he really seemed to mean 'start all over again'.

I was still in a bit of a trace. I never expected anything this beautiful to turn out between me and him.

We only went to a cafe and talked for a little while, but that was enough to notice a side of Jungkook that I hadn't seen until now.

It was that of a friend.

I was still happy, really wanting to share my day with Taehyung.

I hadn't talked to him the entire day, taking up my phone I quickly texted him.

Me
Tae!! Guess what? Jungkook wanted to be friends..

Me
He actually isn't that horrible now, that's wierd 😂

Me
Taeeeee

Why wasn't he replying to my texts, I kept spamming him until Mari's face appeared in my head.

I placed my phone on the bed.

Everything's good, he's probably just out somewhere with her.

TBC