Epilogue

Epilogue

83 days later

            Cooking classes weren't as hard as I thought they would be (well most of the time). Bre and I finally had started attending these classes for the past month or so. Strangely enough, Sarah had tagged along with us. I really doubt that she needed any help with her culinary skills. She was killing the class with an A plus (not that we were getting graded but if we had been, she would get an A).

            We were making bread today and I had accidently had too much water to my mixture. Strings of dough hung from my fingers.

 Sarah clicked her tongue. "This is supposed to the easiest bread recipe ever,"

Bre glared at her. It was enough to make Sarah shut up.

            Coincidentally, we shared the same counter so whatever mess or mistake I made didn't miss Sarah for a second.

Our instructor was just about to reach our table. If he caught this mess today, he'll turn me into the laughing stock of the class. That man was always looking for a reason to laugh.

            Before I could even blink an eye, Sarah took my mixing bowl and replaced it with hers.

"Use my dough. I'll fix this," She muttered under breath. She added more flour to the mixture and began kneading it with both hands.

            I smiled. "Thanks,"

"Just promise me one thing," I could tell Sarah was trying to bite off the mischievous smile.

            "What?"

"When you two do get married, you'll let my brother do the cooking."

Bre coughed up a laugh while I tried really hard not to die out of mortification.

            Sarah jabbed an elbow into Bre's ribs. "I trained him well, you know,"

△▼△▼△

"I want to go visit mom," I whispered as I helped Liza carry the laundry basket upstairs. "You know before I start college, I just want to..."

Liza gave me a soft, understanding smile. "I know what you mean. We'll go together after lunch,"

"Okay,"

△▼△▼△

                "Liza, go grab the car keys," I spoke, getting from up from the table.

Dad set his fork down. "Going out somewhere girls?"

                Liza gave me a cautious glare. I knew well what she was trying to hint at. Dad never liked it when we brought up mom's death or anything related to our mother.

                "We were going to visit mom's grave" I spoke, hesitantly. Dad and I had just mended our relationship. I don't think it was a good idea to put strain on it so soon.

                He got up from his chair, a grave expression on his face. "I'll come too,"

Liza and I exchanged surprised looks.

                "I think my daughters have had enough. It's about time their father took some of his responsibility. Don't you think?"

Liza and I ran to dad and hugged him as tightly we could.

        He tried inconspicuously wiping the tears from his eyes. "I'll be in the car. Hurry up. We can't keep your mom waiting."

                He left us alone and staggered outside.

"This is great!" Liza grinned from ear to ear.

                I nodded.

        Suddenly, my phone began blaring. A flustering sensation erupted in my stomach when I read the caller id.

        Liza smirked. "I'll clean table," She winked before leaving me standing in the dining room. That girl, seriously, is it me or is she becoming naughtier by the day?

        I pressed the phone against my ear. Even before I could say hello, Devlin's voice greeted me. "I'm coming home, love,"  

I closed my eyes as relief filled my bones. "I'll be waiting,"

                                                                                                                                                  The End