Aℓιcє'ѕ вє∂

Aℓιcє'ѕ вє∂

△▼△▼△

It was a bleak, starless night when the twenty-three year man stumbled upon his apartment, fumbling with keys, he opened the door and was encased by the darkness of the interiors. He didn't bother turning on the lights. He never did.

"Why am I not good enough for you?" He was talking to himself, yet again. He muttering about lies he couldn't possible hold in his heart.

The tie around his neck seemed to be choking him like a serpent coiled around its prey. He gripped it with both hands and yanked it off.

The lanky, bleary outline of his body was illuminated by the gentle, affectionate glow of the moon, who was again alone.

It was a cycle, the same old bloody cycle life played on him. The same old chain events he had never emerged out of.

He walked to balcony which was always hidden by the blinds. The man stood close to the railing, the rusty railing wouldn't hold up for much longer. Their inside were corroding away, the iron was unscathed, on the outside it was strong but on the inside, only a fool would assume the red rust was sign of strength.

"I did it again," He stared at the open view, tires hit the gravel, the wind whirled about, and the hearts cried.

"Congratulations," A woman had entered the apartment to whose presence the man was unaware. She had been watching him for a while, pained to see him like this.

"Why did you follow me?" The man snapped bitterly.

"I had to see if my little brother was okay,"

"I think you've seen how I am, now get lost,"

"Devli-"

"Kindly leave me alone. You've done enough for me,"

"Fine. I know I haven't done anything for you," The woman was half in tears. She wouldn't be able to hold herself much longer. Her usual posed and poignant facade was cracking like a glass vase under pressure. "I know. If it weren't for you taking the blame for my mistakes, dad would have probably kicked me and my husband out of Enlighten,"

"For Christ's sake, Sarah don't start on that again," The man was gripping the railing as if it were the last raft of wood in the turmoil stricken ocean.

"It wasn't my intention to use you for your talent. I wanted dad to be proud of me for once. Everything was about you. He never gave a damn about me. That fucking sexist pig,"

"Don't" He couldn't tolerate her talking about their father like that. Even though, he knew she was right. He hated it whenever she brought him close to his father's reality. "Look, I'm giving you credit for all my work. What more do you want?" He stood there like a man who had admitted his defeat and was greatly ashamed of it. He had the face of defeated warrior who had a sword pierce through his chest.

"You are well aware that I'm not here to talk about this,"

"The answer is still no,"He would repeat himself a million times but the answer would remain the same.

"Do you like her?"

"No," He replied without missing a beat.

"Yes, you do,"

"No, I don't," These words came from the bottom of his soul. He did not just like her. There was so much more to it than just that.

"Just because dad disapproves of her, you shouldn't give up on her. Okay?" The woman stood taller than before. "It isn't my fault that she didn't go running in the opposite direction. I did as you said. I warned her against you. But she did not so much as wince at my cruel words,"

"That's because you weren't being cruel enough,"

"Brothers," She placed a hand on her head, looking a lot younger than she really was. It was as though she had regressed into her teenage self where her brother used to annoy her to death.

"She doesn't deserve someone like me,"

"She's not going to find someone perfect either. Human's aren't meant to be perfect. Jesus! Bless that girl's soul for dealing with you. I don't know how she did it,"

He completed ignored her statement, his eyes were lost in a world of their own. "She'll find someone better than me. Someone that isn't a mess,"

"You are not a mess! You're just confused about your life. That's all,"

"Mom had fought with me that day. The day she was in that car crash. Do you know what we fought about?"

The woman did not reply. She merely watched her distant brother.

"She was telling me to stop hanging out with Zachery and his group. She had her doubts about them luring me into doing drugs," He slammed his hand on railing. The impact's sound reverberated in the silent air. "Damn it! Damn it!"

"You're not going to lose her,"

"I will."

She gripped his shoulder and forced him to face her. "I am only going to say this once, so you better listen up. Just because life screws you up this one time doesn't mean it's going to screw you over and over again. I know sometimes things aren't in our control. I know nothing will last forever," She opened his clenched fist. "Time is all we have and you're letting it slip away. Don't let her go, just don't. Only few us are lucky enough to find love . I can't even tell how lucky you are to have someone who loves you as much as you love them,"

She was out of breath. "Do you understand me?"

The problem was the man harboring a empty steel heart did not want to be wielded.

"Of-course,"

△▼△▼△

Behind the locked doors of apartment 303 lay Devlin on Alice's bed. His eyes were wide open while his head rested on her pillow. The smell of her perfume still lingered on the bedsheets. He closed his eyes. It had only been twenty-three hours and he was already beginning to lose his mind. He wondered how she was doing, was she missing him the way he was?

He would never know, of-course.

△▼△▼△

.

Note: I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. I couldn't help updating again. Please comment and let know what of you think of these new revelations.

[and this will(unless you guys enjoyed it) be the last time I'll do a chapter from Devlin's side]

the gif on the side is the one with Devlin on Alice's bed.