Chapter 43

Another week had passed by. It seemed like her mind couldn't stopped thinking and it gave her a headache. The entire day she would sit thinking how she would talk to Nilay. How would she make him speak to her.

But like every other night she would be speechless in front of him. Unable to articulate any words she would just lie there on the bed looking at her husband's grim face focused on the laptop. Occasionally, infact repeatedly she would see him move his eyes in her direction.

"Was it to make sure she was alright? She had no clue.

If by chance she slipped into sleep she was always awakened by her terrible nightmares.

Sometimes she was thankful. Atleast these nightmares would bring him near to her. Make him touch her. It wasn't because she was attracted to him physically or she was desperate. It was a way her restless heart would calm down temporarily thinkng for a moment that atleast he wasn't disgusted by her after the r*pe.

She made it a point to keep her eyes closed post those horrible dreams so that she wouldn't break down in front of him.

He had started coming in a little early. Eating with her and then tucking her to sleep which hardly came. But they didn't really talk. He would ask her the usual questions of how was she feeling and that would be it.

One of the days he had made her talk to Nikki and then her parents who were super worried because she hadn't been responding to their calls.

She had to lie to them that they had gone out on vacation and the reception was poor there.

It was that time that a tear or two would slip down from her eyes but she had learnt to keep control over her feelings.

During this time only Nilay would leave the room and give her the privacy to talk to her parents. He never told her to lie but she felt the need. She didn't want to bother them with her problems. It would be too much for her parents at the stage of life they were in.

"But if he didn't care why would be here?" She often questioned herself.

It was the next and the last two days in the hospital which cleared all her doubts.

He didn't visit her. Not even at night. All she received was a short phone call from him telling her that he was caught up with work.

She concluded...it didn't matter to him. She was tainted now. Things will never be alright.

.........

"So you want to leave for Vegas?" Roy asked.

"Yes. In the next 45 minutes."

"We can take care of Vegas Nilay. You don't need to go everywhere. You've hardly been resting. You're going too tough on yourself."

Nilay didn't respond.

"There's a reason why I'm leaving you here Roy. I don't trust anybody else with her security. I'll be back in two days. Make sure that she's safe."

"I will."

"One more thing. I don't want anybody telling her that I'm out of Cali. She's insecure and her knowledge about me not being near her will worsen her situation."

"Okay."

"John is discharging her from the hospital after two days. I'll try my best to get back within two days. In case I don't you will personally pick her up from the hospital and drop her home and you'll not stop anywhere else midway."

Roy nodded.

"I've taken care of the security at my place. We have our guys guarding it well."

"Very well."