Chapter 34

Tahira sat with Roy in the van.

Hugging her legs she let the left side of her head rest on her knees.

She could feel that the temperature of her body has risen. Her eyes were drooping close. She felt weak but she hung on.

Looking at Roy she spoke.

"Will he be alright??" Worry evident in her soft voice.

Roy gave her a broad smile.

"I've known him for a few years now and I haven't seen anybody put him down till date. You shouldn't worry. Atleast not about him. He's the best."

"And Uday?" She spoke instantly.

His expression changed to a thoughtful one.

He knew that she was well aware about Uday being the most powerful mafia. They had been trying to catch hold of him since some time now. Nilay would have gotten rid of the pest easily but the government ran by evidence. They did have proof but not strong enough. They didn't want to leave any stone unturned just to witness him being cleared of charges based on lack of strong authentication. If today their plan worked well they would have legal arrest warrants against him. They wouldn't have to play a chase game of cat and mouse anymore.

"Roy?"

"He's good but not the best." was all Roy said.

.......

On his way back Nilay remembered Tahira's condition and immediately he called Roy.

"She has fever. It'll be impossible to arrange medicine for her right now. Just make sure she keeps on drinking enough water to keep herself hydrated and prevent it from rising further. Roy.."

"Yes?"

"Take care of her."

Roy smiled. Just moments ago Tahira had been worried about him. It was clear that she was deeply in love with him and now Nilay's concern helped him analyze the situation very well.

Only if Nilay would understand.

As Nilay walked towards the Chief's room he replayed the events and the entire plan in his mind.

Uday was called to attend a hoax phone call to the front desk and that's when he left Tahira alone.

He had paid an extra tip to the waiter to drop some drink on Tahira so that she could come out of the room. The moment she reached the corridor he pulled her inside the empty room.

Sometimes you overthink and that would be Uday's biggest mistake. He would never be able to understand how in the first place Nilay found out about this event and even if he did his overzealous mind will never be able to comprehend that the entire plan is superbly simple.

The next phone call told him that Uday had left the front desk and the cameras showed him move towards their Chief.

A sly smirk adorned Nilay's lips.

He entered the room.

"Sir. He's on his way. If we play the cards well there is no chance that we do not get ample amount of evidence. The security is pretty tight. We can easily arrest him today."

"I hope you plan works out well Nilay. The government wants him. For all the crimes he has commited we want him. For him to get the worst of all punishments by law we have to get hold of him."

Cameras were fitted across the entire room at every angle just so they did not miss out anything. Moments later Nilay hid behind the curtain and the door opened.

Uday stepped inside and the Chief
turned around facing Uday.

"You?!" The chief played along well.

It was a small fight between the two only for the recordings in the camera to gain evidence. Despite being more experienced the army Chief was pinned down by Uday and the gun was placed next to his temple.

"With this I avenge your death father!" And the trigger was pulled.

Only Nilay was faster. He shot Uday in the leg causing him to wince in pain. He staggered back and looked at Nilay bewildered unable to utter a word.

Within seconds a team of men marched inside and surrounded Uday holding pointing their guns towards Uday.

"Game's over a*shole!"

Nilay held him by the collar and dragged him to the waiting car outside the hotel. He was handcuffed and pushed inside.

.......

Her unwell state forced Tahira to slip into sleep.

It was Roys shriek of joy that forced her to come out of her deep slumber.

"He's caught hold of the b*stard Tahira!" His face beamed at her.

"Oh! Thank you God!" She whispered.

Boom!

There was a gunshot just near the van.
Roy swore under his breath.

"Stay inside!" He ordered her.

"Roy..?" She looked upto him.

It was rare that he had to go out and fight. Nilay never let it happen. But today he had to protect Tahira and he would. Picking up his gun which he rarely used he unlocked the safety click and opened the door.

"Whatever happen you are not to get outside."

"Roy where are you going?" She asked panicking.

"I'm going to get Nilay! Please..please stay inside." And he was gone.

It was a good twenty minutes and all she heard were gun shots.

Her mind wandered to Nilay.

Where is he? Has something happened to him? No!

With Nilay and nothing else in mind foolishly she stepped outside.

Wobbling she walked as fast as she could to the hotel only to find him standing in front of her.

"Tahira?! What are you doing here?"

His leg was wounded and bleeding.

A car sped towards them. Nausea hit her bad and unconsciousness blocked her vision. Somebody's arm prevented her from hitting the floor.

Nilay was a few meters away but he didn't miss the fact that..

Uday had taken her with him.

Author's Note:-

I know the book has numerous errors. Despite this fact you have stood by it.

I want to thank every single person who has been reading, voting, commenting and following! :)

What were you thinking ? Is it going to end this easily?! :p

Tell me about the chapter. What do you dislike..what do you like..anything!

Eagerly waiting for your comments!

xoxo Lily<3