Chapter 37

Nilay had barely slept for the past three days. He hadn't gone home. He was still in his suit sans the tie and the blazer. He had left no stone unturned to find her. Working tirelessly for  he never once gave way to his wary body.

Roy had come to him the previous night and told him that they found Udays car and that was it. No sign of Tahira or him or any of his men.

His mind was stuck on Tahira.

He had to find her.

It was morning 4 a.m. and like he had been doing for the past four days he again replayed the evening's events in his mind.

Restlessly he got up and paced his room.

The road met another highway and they had checked every possible area on the highway and much ahead. But nothing was found!

"There has to be something! There has to be some way. How could his car just vanish?! It was a straight road for gods sake. Only if..."

His eyes widened.

"That's it!"

Without another thought tucking his gun behind him, putting on his blazer he picked up his car keys and drove to the same area.

He parked his car at the same place and hopped out.

He looked at the pattern of the road again and again. By how the road looked it was forked but where he had stopped, there was just a single road with trees all around.

He frantically started searching the area.

Tress...more trees and nothing else.

He walked a little ahead and stood exactly at what looked by a bifurcation. He side stepped from the main road and walked towards the dense green area.

Going by his instinct he threaded his way through the patch and a smile formed on his lips.

"Fuck you Uday!"

He stood on an undeveloped road. Just dry mud and beautiful flowers.

The imprints of the tyres of a car made his doubt turn into surety.

Quickly he took out his phone to dial Roy number. He wanted an entire team to search the area.

But the reception in the area was poor and he couldn't contact Roy.

This was it. This road, he knew would lead him to Tahira. By no way he was going back.

He would find her!

Taking out the gun from behind him he followed the crooked path.

.......

Tahira sat there on the floor.

Nude.

Cold seeping into her bones. She had lost track as to how many days she had been there and since how many days Uday had been r*ping her. She had no clue for how long she had been staring the carpet in front of her shaking her head in denial to what had happened.

Her mind had almost believed what Uday had told her...that Nilay wouldn't come for her. But deep down she didn't want to acknowledge the fact.

Tears started rolling down again.

"What will I do? I can't go back to Nilay's house again." She whispered.

It was then that she made up her mind. Her eyes travelled to her bruised body.
Each red mark staring angrily at her.

"His house or somewhere else, I have to get out of here first! This man here will r*pe me to death!"

She wiped away her tears. Wrapping a sheet around her gulping in her wince she managed to get up. The first thing she did was lock the door from inside and fix a chair under the bolt.