chapter 1

*This story is uneditted. Please ignore any gramatical or other such errors*

Copyright © 2014 by lilybooks

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author.

"Hey mom! Yep, I am good. How are you and dad?"

"Hi Tahi. We are good. How is work?"

"Oh! work's been crazy lately." Tahira told her mom as she lazily entered her apartment.

Tahira was a dentist. Not that she ever fancied becoming one, but thats what life wanted her to become and she was okay with it .

Thin, light brown eyes and black hair that reached her mid back. She had a wheatish complexion and smooth skin. She was pretty, only if she knew about it.

Not really demanding and more than content with whatever she had. A little under confident, she never really understood her worth.

27 years old and almost the right age to get married. Her parents had been trying to rope her in this ritual for the past 2 years but she never gave in. So here went another effort from her mom's side to make her agree for a marriage proposal.

"Ummm..so we were thinking if you would like to meet somebody? He's in the army." her mom prompted before she could say anything.

So she had always fancied having an husband from the army. Army men - smart, confident and protecting. She always used the other guys her mom chose not being from the army as an excuse!

"He works for the army. His father is well known to your dad and today he called to ask you if you were interested in meeting him."

Tahira had been working like crazy for almost a year now. She did have her so called friends but, no best friends or that someone special with whom she could share like anything at all. So she had started feeling like there was a void in her life. Maybe she did need someone. She was just not sure whether she was ready for a lifetime commitment or not.

Sighing she agreed knowing that today there was no way out .

"Ooohh! Love you Tahi!" her mom squealed with happiness.

"His name is Nilay."

She gave her his number and told her that he would call her and that they can fix a meeting or something.

.........

When Nilay's dad asked him about marriage he had been expressionless as always. 6 feet in height, black eyes, an army cut, slight stubble, fair and a well tonned body. He was good at almost everything. Horseback riding, swimming, soccer - you name it and he would ace it. Tough and confident, never really expressing his feelings. He had his own reasons for not getting married, but now keeping aside all his inner turmoil he agreed to meet the girl his dad so wanted him to meet. When his dad mentioned her name he was intrigued.

"Tahira..." he repeated in his mind. A unique name he thought.

But what difference did it make anyways.