chapter 3

Tahira's pov

"Umm..Nilay?" he nodded

"Hey! Tahira." he stood up.

We shook hands and like a perfect gentleman he pulled the chair out for me and I sat down.

Nilay was definitely smart and good looking. His simple t-shirt looked perfect on him. The slight stubble made him look handsome. I gulped and tried my level best not to show that I was practically drooling over him.

So we talked about random things. What do we do? His hobbies, my hobbies. Why we didn't get married? Why did we agree to meet? Why did we decide to get married now and so on.

He seemed like a complete workaholic but was nice to talk to. Maybe the fact that I hadn't been out with any guy for so long made me like him even more. We kept on meeting for a few more dates after which he proposed to me.

"Tahira will you marry me?"

I was speechless lost in my own thoughts. I realised I didn't have any reason to say no and knew I had to do it at some point of life. Apart from that I liked him and didn't see any red flags. Also knowing that he was my parents choice. I made up my mind there and then.

"Okay I don't know if this is right or wrong but I guess I'm ready." An unsure smile broke on my face.

This was probably the fastest decision I had ever made in life. But I could already feel that he was distant. Like all this was nothing to him...all this felt fake. I tried to put aside all these feelings and concentrate on my future with him.

Nilay's pov

She was pretty and there was no doubt about it. She looked beautiful even without make up! Her floral dress attenuated her skin tone, her soft lips, the sweet voice...it was intoxicating.

But suddenly I felt guilty of doing what I was about to do. I had no right. She wasn't even a part of this. She definitely didn't deserve any of this!

To put aside the feelings, I decided to know her better and started talking. She was intelligent and talked to the point. She liked sketching , painting and cooking.

She was different!

But I knew that there was no way out and wanting to end all this as soon as possible. With guilt gnawing me I asked her to marry me after a few dates. She was shocked but after her reply I was even more shocked. She had agreed so easily!

Our parents were super happy and we got married within the next few days.