Chapter 29

Tahira was greeted by an exceptionally comfortable bed. She stirred a little only to be restricted by something heavy around her waist. Her eyes fluttered open to see his face inches away from him and his arm draped around her waist. It took her a few moments to realize why she was next to him.

This was the second time she was waking up next to him and she didn't complain. Her lips adorned an automatic smile and her fingers ached to touch him. Gathering all the courage she had she lightly ran her fingers through his slight stubble tracing his skin up til his lips.

He was perfect...so handsome.

Was it his looks that made her fall for him? Or was it his dark eyes which held a lot more that what he showed or expressed..she was clueless.

She scooted closer to him covering the little gap in between and closed her eyes.

After a few hours when she woke up Nilay was standing with his back towards her near the window facing the sea. The entire room was filled from his fresh morning masculine sent enough to send any woman over the edge. Evidence of the fact that he had just showered. He leaned against the window casually but she could tell he was in deep thought. Her shuffling in the bed made him turn around.

"Morning." He smiled.

"Good morning." She whispered.

"Why don't you freshen up and come down for breakfast."he said.

She nodded and he left the room.

She took a bath and put on a pair of shorts and a singlet. It was Sunday and she was more than happy to get some rest.

She walked to the kitchen to be welcomed by the smell of coffee. He placed a plate of French toast in front of her and handed her a cup of coffee as she sat down.

"I didn't know you could cook." An amused smile playing on her lips.

"You don't know what all I can do." He winked in return.

"It's good." She said taking a bite.

"Well not as good as yours but I am sure it's edible." To which she just smiled.

"You home today." She asked.

He nodded.

"Seriously? You won't be working today?" She asked astonished.

"Who said I won't be working. I'll be doing it from home. What about you?"

"I'm home."

It set up butterflies in her tummy knowing that this was probably the first time after marriage when both of them would be home and together on a sunday.

It was weird because after every eventful night they would get up in the morning and talk as if nothing happened the previous day. From where did such understanding come she didn't know. But none of them believed in ranting about what happened.

He was locked up in his room working and she spent the day painting. The only time they spent together was in the afternoon over lunch after which he retreated to his room again.

She was curious. She wanted to ask him a thousand questions about yesterday but that was possible only if he came out.

It was around 7 at night that he knocked on her door.

"Hey." He let out as soon as she opened the door.

"Umm..hi.." She said unsurely.

"I am ordering in. What do you want I eat?"

"I can cook."

"What do you want Tahira?" He asked dismissively.

"Pizza..?"