Chapter 17

Tahira's pov

And just like that he left. I brought my knees close to my body and hugging them I tried to sleep. But my mind wouldn't let me stop thinking of how all this went. How ironical it was that how I craved for him to come soon so that I could tell him what was going on. When I finally told him, he just left. Maybe I was wrong to expect a reaction of care and worry. Instead what I got was anger. I couldn't sleep so I just got up and stood leaning onto the window. Damn..the tears ..they just wouldn't stop! I practically hated myself at that moment for being weak...for crying...for listening to my heart that he cares. It hurt and that too bad, only for one reason and that was he left me alone. I heard the door of my room open and when I turned around I saw him.

"Can we talk?" I nodded.

"Sit." he gestured towards the bed.

I took tired steps and sat down. He pulled a chair and placing it opposite me he sat down. I looked straight into his eyes and instantly knew that something not very good was about to be spoken and heard. He took a deep breath and continued "Okay, so this guy who is after you his name is Uday".

The name itself sent chills down my spine. "And how do I know him? Well I am in the army, yes, but currently I am working on a case with the FBI. So this guy has threatened to kill our army chief and my responsibility right now is our chief's protection."

"Kill?" I whispered.

"He is a mafia." He sighed.

"Does he know you?"

"Very well...we have scores to settle." He said with venom dripping from his voice.

"Did he...shoot you that night?"

"Yes." my eyes widened.

"So is this the reason he is after me because I am your..... wife?" I said more to myself, trying not to emphasise on the last word.

"No he doesn't know about it. When we work on such cases, our personal lives are kept as private as possible. It's nowhere on record that I am married. He doesn't even know that I know you."

"Then why me?" He rubbed the back of his neck and blew a frustrated breath as if not wanting to tell me.

"Why is he after your chief?" I asked another question.

"Because our chief killed his father during an old case and he wants to avenge his death."

"What case?"

"His father was also a mafia. There was this drug deal which was supposed to be withheld. Tahira, it's not just one person or a few people you know... they are gangs together..bloody gang wars are fought. And because it was a massive and an important event the army had to intervene. Our chief was the one leading our team. We managed to prevent the deal from happening. It was during that time that our chief shot his father dead"

"Hmmm.." was all I said.

"Why me?" I repeated.

"He likes you probably" he said in a low tone to which I just stared at him.

"Nilay the way he touched me..I...I.. Do you want to elaborate?" I found the courage to speak.

He let out a sigh and forced the words out "Okay, so Uday is a womaniser. If he likes a woman he sees, he just wants her."

"Wants her for?" He looked at me directly in the eyes "See Tahira..."

"Sex. He's a rapist you mean to say. He wants her till he beds her and then just leaves her." There, I made it simple for him.

"First it was only saving our chief but owing to the amount of havoc he has been causing lately the government has decided to take strict measures. They want him alive so that they can take out information about small gangs associated with him, their different leaders, other drug deals, stop rapes, stop their massive industry of flesh trade, stop the killings and other hideous crimes which these people indulge into. Smaller gangs are being destroyed by us, yes, but that's not enough. We need to get hold of him. Its like striking the root cause if he is caught hold of."

I nodded "See he is after you."

"So?" I gave him a puzzled look already sensing that something not so good is about to happen.

"We can make him believe that you also want him equally. Go on a date with him and convince him that you are ready to be by his side an.."

"I don't understand. Ca..can you please speak clearly about what do you want me to do?"

"I want you to work for me Tahira."

"Excuse me?! You what??!"

"Yes."

"So you are telling me to go and put the bell on the cat! To go and surrender myself to a RAPIST! Do you have any idea how does he act when he meets me? It's like he wants me to get rid of my clothes, so that he can just take me there and then. Think about what'll he do if I go to him with my consent. That lust and want for me is so not hidden Nilay!" I said panicking.

"I promise I'll not let him harm you any way." He cupped my face in his hands.

"We want him Tahira... I want him! Maybe not for me, but for those for those numerous killings he does, for that terror he spreads and above all for thousands of other innocent women he plays with, please do it."

I just stared at him. I could clearly see how bad he wanted him.

"Hey look, I am not forcing you. Sleep over it. Think about what I said and let me know. The sooner the better." He said while leaving.

Marriage..where two people promise to stand by each other through thick and thin. Where the husband vows to protect his wife from any danger.

"So this is how you protect me Nilay...by shoving me into a lion's den and them making a promise that you won't let him harm me. Do whatever, I am not helping you out with this!"

I closed my eyes momentarily and let out a shaky laugh.

"Why do I keep convincing myself that you care? Why is that hope of you being with me still alive! Why can't I still bring myself to hate you?! "

How funny it was, where on one hand I was hoping that he would help me come out of all this shit and he on the other hand was planning to burry me deeper inside.

"Welcome to your married life Tahira. Marriages are truly made in heaven!" I sighed sarcastically.

AUTHORS NOTE :-

What do you think will she do?

Comment!

xoxo lily!