Chapter 28

The car they were chasing blew apart. Even on being almost half a mile away from it the explosion shook them. Thankfully with five army jeeps and the speed with which they were after Uday had forced other cars on the road to stop to the sides.

The vehicles literally jumped with the intense explosion in return being displaced from their original positions. They were forced to come to an abrupt stop.

Nobody was hurt.

But did Nilay care?

No.

Thud...thud..thud...his heart didn't slow down.

In seconds he was out of the his car.

He couldn't believe what he just saw.

Tahira...

That's all his mind was focused on.

He ran with all the force he had in him towards the explosion. A well trained brigade of men in uniforms ran after him with guns in their hands.

"Surround the entire area!" he shouted.

You are alive..you are alive. Nothing has happened to you. I won't let anything happen to you.

Broken car parts..dust..smoke and that's all was left. No sign of any form of life. No dead bodies...no body parts. Heck the explosion was this immense that nothing would be found.

Frustrated he took desperate steps towards the site to find something...somebody.

His foot came to rest on something. He bent down and picked up a broken, damaged and blackened out watch from the ground.

It was hers.

His heart sank.

No. This can't be possible.

He stood there clenching and unclenching his jaw. He couldn't interpret anything.

He came out of his trance with the vibration of his phone.

"They saw him take exit 31. Black SUV. But they aren't sure whether they saw her with him or not." Roy said.

"God dammit! What do you mean they aren't sure? Nothing has happened to her!" he shouted angrily and banged the phone down.

Without doubt he grabbed the car keys from one of his men and drove off behind the car.

It was after a gap of ten minutes that he crossed the exit only to realise that it led to the airport.

His worry increased.

Did Uday figure out what was happening? If yes, he will take Tahira with him.

He couldn't let that happen. She was in danger.

But was she actually with him or .....He shunned away the thought.

She's alive. He assured himself for the hundredth time now.

.................................................................................................................................................................................

"I don't know why do they keep trying to catch hold of me? They should just quit! I am the best." And he laughed.

"I'm sorry you had to see all this. This is what my job is like! But did you enjoy the thrill?!" he asked her.

"It was a crazy roller coaster ride! Wasn't it?"

He looked over to Tahira.

She sat motionless. All colour drained from her face. Staring ahead unable to speak a word.