"Who was that?" Nicki questioned as they made their way across the parking lot back to the car. She witnessed the awkward staredown between them and wanted answers.

"I'll tell you later."

Lauren was in her feelings and before she did something reckless, she'd rather just leave. Had this been another time, a time when she once knew Ermias, she wouldn't have minded pulling his card. Today wasn't the day though. Peeping her cousin's irritation, Nicki brushed it off. Just as she was pulling the passenger door open, Beyoncé's low, panty wetting voice grabbed her attention from behind.

"You know you saw me," she said, stepping all in her personal space. "You can't speak?"

Closing the door, Nicki looked up at her and blinked slow. "Okay, you saw me too."

Beyoncé's head cocked to the side at Nicki's newfound boldness. Beyoncé liked that. "And you rolled your fucking eyes. What I do to you?"

"Nothing. I just didn't feel like speaking. But, what's up?"

Chuckling, Beyoncé licked her lips. She couldn't believe this was the same shy girl who'd try her best to stay away from her while at her house. Something was up. She was fronting and Bey knew it. Handing the boxes of juice to KJ, he backed up some.

"Take these to Layla," she told KJ.

"Aight. Aye, what you getting in the car for shorty? You playing shy too?" he joked.

Lauren sucked her teeth. "Boy, leave me the hell alone. Ol' thirsty ass," she grumbled while dropping into her seat and closing the door. If it was any niggas attention she was wanted, it sure wasn't his.

Nicki just shook her head, trying to keep up the front she was putting on. Truthfully, she was a ball of nerves and having Beyoncé so close in her personal space was making her faint. Or it could've been from how hungry she was. Whatever the case, she and all her domineering personality had her a bit shook.

Towering over her, Beyoncé took in her beauty. Her wild hair brought out an exotic yet intriguing look. It didn't help that her glasses gave her an air of innocence she found mad attractive. Nicki was beautiful to her.

Pushing her glasses up on her face she said, "What? Why're you just staring at me?"

"No reason. I'll hit you later."

Before she could walk off, Nicki mustered up the question she'd been wanting to ask her since she stepped in her presence. Grabbing her hand, she looked at the RIP balloons she had in her hand, before looking into her eyes.

"You okay?" she asked softly, noticing the faraway gaze in her eyes now.

Beyoncé swallowed the ache in her throat. "No, but I will be."

Without much thought, Nicki tossed her arms around her. Consoling her, transferring all the positive energy and love she had, she hugged Beyoncé tightly.

"I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers," she said breaking their embrace.

Not liking the disconnect, Beyoncé pulled her back to get by her waist. Nicki's eyes widened. Dumbfounded by her public act of affection, she couldn't do much but look her in the face. Her red-rimmed eyes should've been a dead giveaway to how she was feeling, but Nicki was too caught up on Beyoncé actually approaching her to realize. The stench of weed and perfume mixture wasn't something she was used to smelling, but she welcomed it. Only from her did she want to ever have that smell invade her space, penetrate the threads of her clothing and leave an odor in her hair. For her, she was willing to break all the rules.