Second Chance at First Line Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Yeah of course, unless you wanna come to mine for a bit? Think I'm gonna do some of that History  homework we were set in class today, and you've always been better at History than I am and I thought maybe you might want to do it together. Obviously you don't have to I can take you home if you want." He rambles ending it with a scratch to the back of his neck and an awkward smile.

"Well I haven't even looked at the homework yet, I'd love to come round yours." Elle smiled at the boy and hopped in to Roscoe.

°°°

They spent about 20 minutes looking through the homework and filling out the sheets until they hear a soft beeping.

"Was that me?" Elle says looking at Stiles.

"Yeah, my text tone is different." He says looking up from the textbook he was trying to find a statistic from.

Elle digs through her bag to find her phone blowing up with messages from Lydia about Jackson.

"Oh shit." She says as she reads the texts.

"What!?" Stiles says, quickly running over to her to see the text, tripping on his backpack in the process.

"Jackson's got a separated shoulder." She says showing the boy next to her the texts as he leans down to read them.

His hand is on her shoulder and she can feel his breath on her ear, giving her butterflies in her stomach.

"Oh my god. We have to tell Scott. I'll FaceTime him."

"Ok." Elle breathed as he moved towards his computer.

"Wait pass me that Nerf gun Belle."

She threw it at him, chuckling as he missed it and it fell on the floor by his feet. He picked it up and shot at her with it, and she dodged it in fits of laughter.

"What was that for!" She shouted, her face aching from grinning so widely.

"For laughing at me!" He said pressing the call button on Scott's contact.

Elle gave one last giggle grabbing her hoodie from the corner of the room and pulling it on as Scott answers, Stiles shooting him with his Nerf gun.

"What did you find out?"

"It's bad. Jackson has a separated shoulder."

"Because of me?" Scott says in disbelief.

"Because he's a tool." Elle says appearing in the screen as she leans her chin on Stiles' shoulder, kneeling on the bed behind them.

"Well is he gonna play?"

"They don't know yet." Elle says to him with an awkward face as Stiles continues.

"Now they're just counting on you for Saturday."

Scott sighs hanging his head down. And Stiles laughs at the funny faces you are making in the camera before he suddenly looks closer.

"What?" Scott and Elle say at the same time. Stiles looks at the girl pointing to something on the screen and her eyes go wide. Stiles starts to type something and the screen buffers before cutting off. You and Stiles look at each other with worry.

"I'll call him." Elle says turning to get her phone, when Stiles grabs her arm.

"No we need to go see him! Come on the Jeep!" He says trying to drag the girl with him.

"There's no point Stiles, by the time we get there it will be over, and you will have wasted gas. He can take care of himself, especially now." Elle says with pleading eyes.