Change 37: Fragments

You were sitting on the couch at Stevens house. The others said that he accidentally crashed Gregs van with Greg still in it. Pearl was walking back and forth. "How could this happen? You crashed the van with Greg inside? You know how fragile he is. These pink outbursts of yours are getting out of hand-" Pearl said. "It's not an OUTBURST!!" Steven yelled and turned pink and his body swelled up again. "See this is exactly what I'm talking about. What's happening to you?" Pearl asked. "Nothing it's nothing" Steven said. He got up and was heading towards his room. "S - Steven! Where are you going?We're not- Agh" Steven summoned a pink wall and Pearl ran into it. "Steven! Drop this wall!" Pearl said and banged on it. Steven gasped "Pearl I'm sorry I I'm trying I just - need - some space okay? I'll be in my room" Steven said and was on his way towards his room but Amethyst stopped him. "Not so fast my dude. You gotta tell us what's going on" She said. "It looks like Steven is trying to avoid a serious discussion about this all together" Garnet said. "No! I'M NOT!!" Steven yelled while he turned pink. The windows cracked as did a froggy mug on the table. "Steven! You have got to calm down and talk to us" Garnet said. "Just chill man" Amethyst said and walked towards him.
"It'll be a lot better if you just talk to us" You stood up and started to walk towards him. "We need to do something about this before someone gets hurt" Pearl said and also started to walk towards him. Steven was shaking. "Don't let this power control you you're better than this" Garnet said. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" Steven yelled. You could see something pink running towards the door and than it disappeared.

Day 1 since Steven ran away

Everyone was worried for Steven you looked for him everywhere in the town you could. But nothing. Pearl was trying to call him or text him but he hasn't replied yet. You didn't visit Jasper that day.

Day 2 since Steven ran away

Today you and the gems decided to look for him outside of Beach City. You searched the Strawberry Fields, the Alfa kindergarten, the Beta kindergarten but still nothing. You didn't visit Jasper that day either.

Day 3 since Steven ran away

You and the gems checked all of the places again and again and again. Nothing. You didn't visit Jasper that day either. You're starting to feel guilty about it.

Day 4 since Steven ran away

Today was the day. The day you'll propose to Jasper. Even though you haven't found Steven yet, you were still really exited to finally propose to Jasper. You picked up the rings from Bismuth. They were beautiful. Yours was a beautiful (g/c) and with a small flower on top and Jaspers was orange with a diamond symbol carved into it. You put yours on and put Jaspers back into the small box Bismuth also made you. You told only to her what you really needed them for, thankfully she promised she won't tell anyone else.

It was a little cloudy but you didn't care. While on the way towards Jaspers cave you heard fighting. You ran towards the place. When you got there you saw Jasper trapped between some kind of pink glowing walls. You could hear a voice from above. "You're right Jasper. I have been holding back". Wait was that Steven? Before you had the chance to ran towards where Jasper was, a giant pink wall with spikes on it, crashed on her. " JASPER!? STEVEN!?" You yelled. After the dust cleared you looked at the place where Jasper stood before. You ran towards the place. You saw Steven kneeling there looking terrified. "Steven?" You kneeled in front of him. He was looking down at something. "Steven wha-?" You looked down.

You couldn't believe what you were seeing. Shards. Gem shards. Orange gem shards. You gasped. "J - Jaspers, No. It can't be" Your eyes started to water. "No, No, No, NO!" You cried. Steven looked up at you. "(G/t). Please I can, I can at least t-try and Fix her" He said. "What have you done" You said. "You shattered the only person I ever loved! AND YOU THINK I'LL JUST LET YOU TAKE HER SHARDS?!" You yelled at him. "(G/t)... I'm sorry for this" He than grabbed the shards and started to run away. "STEVEN! GIVE HER BACK!?" You yelled after him.

You couldn't catch up to him he was running too fast. "STEVEN! STOP!" You didn't even notice that he was running back to the temple. Steven ran inside the house. You ran inside a few seconds later. The gems looked at you confused. "(G/t)? Are you okay?" Pearl asked. "Where's Steven" you said angrily with tears in your eyes. Pearl pointed to the bathroom. You ran towards it and Started banging on the door. "STEVEN! GIVE HER BACK!" You yelled. You slid down the door. "Please. Please give her back". "(G/t)? What happened?" Amethyst asked. You could feel pressure building up in your chest. You wanted to scream but you couldn't. The pressure cept building up. It hurt. Your vision began to darken and soon you felt your form was disintegrated.

You were inside of your gem. You poofed your self, because you were sad. Too sad. How long will it take you to recover? You didn't know. You just sat there in the middle of nowhere. Just black and cold around you. Somehow it felt warm now. Like someone was holding you and warming you up. It felt nicer than before.

It has been a few days since you poofed. You didn't know how long exactly. You lost count (A/n - I had to change it, cause it wouldn't make sense in the show. So let's say it has been like a day). You didn't want to go back. Because you knew that you had no one to be there for. You could still feel the warmth around you. Maybe they just put on a blanket to make you feel better. You couldn't help but still mourn about Jasper. Is she really gone? For good? Of course she was. You saw her shards in front of you.
Somehow you saw light in the distance. You could go back now. But still. There was no one for you to be there for. You decided to go back.

You regenerated. Your form was farly different. Your hair was long all the way to your legs. Your shirt was now similar to what Jaspers was but in darker (g/c) color. And just some black leggings. You opened your eyes. You were outside on the beach. The sun was rising. "(G/t)! You're back!" You heard a familiar voice. Could it be? You quickly turned around. It was. "J-Jasper?" You said. She nodded. "B-but how is this possible? I, I saw your shards. How are you-?" You didn't have the chance to finish, because Jasper silenced you with a deep kiss. When she let you go you noticed she had a split on her face, a peace of her horn was missing and her clothes were slightly different. "Jasper, what happened to you?" You said and held her cheek.

Jasper sat down and you sat next to her. She explained everything to you. About how she was teaching Steven to control his power. He accidentally shattered her. How he brought her back afterwards. And When she came out of the bathroom, where Steven healed her, how Steven ran off to Homeworld. After he left Garnet showed her your gem. How she took care of you and so on. "The fusion even told me you wanted to um.. What's it called again.. " She said. "Propose?" You asked. "Yeah that! She explained what it means and Everything" She said. "Really? She did?" You asked surprised. "W-well yeah she did".

You sat there for a second. You summoned the box with Jaspers ring inside. " What is that?" Jasper asked. You turned towards her. "Jasper" You looked her in the eyes and opened the box. "Will you marry me?" Jasper looked at you with bright eyes.

"Of course"

END OF CHAPTER