Chapter 35: Prickly pair

You were on your way to Stevens house. Since he decided to quit Little homeschool, you had more and more work to do. Greg (the cactus) was doing pretty badly so you wanted to ask Steven if he could do something about it. You walked up to Stevens new green house and knocked. The door opened and Steven came out of the door. "Oh! Hey (g/t) what do you need?" He asked. "Hey Steven. I came here because of Greg. He's been doing pretty bad lately" You said. "Oh yeah since he cut his hair he was pretty sad" Steven said. "Oh no I didn't meant your dad. I meant the cactus you gave me 3 years ago" You explained. "Oh. Well what's the matter with him?" He asked. You showed him the cactus. It looked fine but there were some rotting brown stains on the sides. "I was mabye thinking if you could replant him. I don't have that much time after school, you know after you left and all that" You said. "Yeah sure I can do that" He said. You handed Greg to him. "He'll be good as new in no time" He said. You said bye to Steven and made your way towards the school.

It was just about two days since you gave Greg to Steven. You were curious if he already fixed it. You decided to go to Stevens house. You met Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl on the way there. "Hey (g/t) where are you going?" Amethyst asked. "Oh hey guys, I was just about visit Steven. I gave him my cactus Greg two days ago and I was just curious about how's  he doing" You explained. "A cactus? You mean Cactus Steven?" Pearl asked. "No just a normal cactus" You said. "Two days ago Steven showed us a Cactus in the shape of his head" Garnet said. "It can even talk!" Amethyst said. "Steven said he accidently got some of his spit on him" Pearl said. "Well at least I'll have someone to talk to at home" You said.

Just as you were walking up the stairs Steven came out of the house and said "Hey guys! Uhh everything's great and totally normal but why don't you come back in uhh say let's say a couple hours for no reason what so ever. okay! Bye!". He than quickly shut the door. You could see him trough the window fighting a Cactus. The Cactus than threw him away. You ran inside the house. " Steven! We'll help you" Pearl said. You summoned your (g/w). "I can't tell Pearl how I feel cause she'll blame herself!" The cactus said. "What?" Pearl said. "I have no idea why he's saying that" Steven said. "Just get out!" Cactus Steven yelled and changed at Garnet. She punched his arm and the arm flew away. The arm than grew sprouts and stood up. "Cool" Amethyst said and than Cactus Steven kicked her. Garnet punched him again and he crashed into the sink. The since than started to leak water every where. The cactus arm that jumped and wanted to punch Pearl but she stabbed it with her Spear. The arm exploded and the spikes hit Pearl. Cactus Steven stood up. The water that leaked from the sink hit him. He started to grow and grow. You looked up at him. He grew more arms and heads. "STEVEN!" it yelled. "The gems don't need me. I did it to talk to you" It said. "Be quiet" Amethyst said and swung her whip at it. It tied around its leg and  it fell backward. "Cut it out!" It yelled and threw Amethyst on the ceiling. You changed at it. It triped on the stairs but you were quick enough to dodge it. Pearl stabbed it with her spear. "Why is it so durable?!" She yelled. "The Cactus is earths most resilient plant!" You said. It punched you and you were sent flying backward. You crashed into a wall. Garnet punched it and spikes flew from it. They hit pearl again. "G-Garnet!" She said and fell on the floor. Amethyst was crawling at the ceiling. You stood up and changed at it again "And if I Told (g/t) she'll just blame her self just like Pearl would" It said. "What?" You said and stopped. "Give up! You can't win this fight!" Garnet said. "I don't want anymore high and mighty advice from Garnet" It yelled. "Uhh" Garnet said before the Cactus punched her. Amethyst jumped at the Cactus from the ceiling and yelled "sneak attack!". " I'm so sick of Amethyst acting like she's so mature now" The Cactus said. "Why is it being so weirdly specific?" Amethyst said. Amethyst fell right between the two sides of the Cactuses body. It crushed her. Amethyst had spikes all over her body. It punched You, Garnet Amethyst and Pearl into the wall. "He's repeating me! He's repeating everything I said to him!" Steven said. He gasped. "He's copying me" He said. "That's it! Guys! Stand back I've got an idea!" Steven said and ran up to The Cactus. "Cactus Steven! Get a load of this" Steven said a d dropped his shield. "I'm sorry I mistreated you, I know didn't mean to hurt anyone you're just learning from the only role model you've got. Me! I should have given you more of the love and kindness that you deserve so. Who wants a hug?" Steven said. "Huh?" Cactus Steven looked confused. Steven hugged Cactus Stevens leg. "Wants a hug" Cactus Steven said and hugged Steven back. "Look" You said and pointed at the cactus. It started to bloom. "I'm sorry" It said. "Okay" Steven said. "Come on big guy why don't I take you back to the dome" He continued. "No" Cactus Steven said and started to walked away. "Wha wait! Where are you going? Please don't leave I, I'll fix up the dome extra nice for you" Steven said. Cactus Steven stopped. He took a flower and gave it to Steven. He broke the front side of the house and left. "Hey dude?" Amethyst asked. "Is there anything you need to talk about?" Pearl asked. "I think I've said enough" Steven said.

END OF CHAPTER