Chapter 19: Back to the kindergarten

You were Sad. Really sad. Peridot was playing some weird music, but you didn't care. You didn't care about anything anymore.

"Uh, Peridot?
(G/t)?" Steven said as the door opened. Peridot was lying halfway in the bathtub and halfway out of it. You were just hiding in a corner. It was surprisingly comfortable. "You guys feeling any better?" Steven asked. Peridot mumbled something. You just stayed silent. Someone turned off the music. "So, what have you been up to?" Steven asked. Peridot mumbled something again, and you just pretend to be asleep. "I uhh, couldn't really hear you there" Steven said. You heard Peridot than fell out of the bathtub, or at least you thought she did and said "nothing". " You guys have been in this bathroom for kind of a long time. Mabye you should get some fresh air" Steven said. "What's the point? " Peridot asked. "To feel better?" Steven answered. "Come on guys! I can't stand seeing you like this" Amethysts voice said. "Like what?" You asked. "Oh, I thought you were asleep" Steven said. "I was" You said. "Guys let's just get out of the house! We can go check out my old kindergarten. We've met all those other amethysts in space, and they all came out the same rock as me. I've been meaning to get a look at the old neighborhood, now that I met the neighbors" Amethyst said. "That sounds fun! What do you say Peridot?" Steven asked. "You can make us feel dumb by telling us all the stuff we don't know!" Amethyst said."I miss that" Peridot said."Great it's settled! Let's get out of the bathroom" Amethyst said as she took Peridot over her shoulder and carried he out of the bathroom." Can I bring my music?" Peridot asked. "No" Amethyst answered. "Hey, (G/t)? Will you come with us?" Steven asked you. "Do I have to?" You asked. "Yes!" Amethyst yelled from outside the bathroom. You climbed out of the bathtub and went outside into the 'living' room.

You were riding in some kind of ship on 'rails'. Steven called it a 'train'.
"Why exactly are we talking this outdated Clakity ship there? " Peridot asked. "Doesn't the kindergarten have a warppad?" You asked. "We're taking the scenic route" Amethyst said. "Come on guys take a look at the beautiful country side!" Steven said. "No" You said. "Your efforts to entrance me with earths beauty are pointless" Peridot said. "Our sector of countryside was perfect" You said. "Now it's somewhere in space" You continued. "Just let us know when we get there" You finished and curled up in a ball behind the hay bales.

You got off of the 'train' and walked to the kindergarten. "Good ol' kindergarten, just the way I left it, some things never change. Actually, everything's different now! Man, I used to think this place was filled with empty holes, but now it's like, it's with with holes, which were once full. All those Amethysts I met in space they were all here, while I was right there in the ground, but now I can actually be putting some faces to holes! Let's see" Amethyst said. She jumped into a hole above her own hole "this must've been 8XJ" She jumped into another one "8XK" She said and jumped to another one "8XL". " Actually the order goes from top to bottom, that's 8XJ" Peridot said. "Really?" Amethyst questioned. "Yes, curly hair right?" Peridot asked. "Yeah, how'd you know?" Amethyst asked. "You can tell from the iron deposits in the formation there, and that's 8XL down below" Peridot said. Amethyst jumped down into 8XJs hole. "Wow, that's pretty amazing dot" She said. "This used to make sense to me, I thought life was genwrated I the kindergarten. Formless, aimless energy chaneled into new useful gems. But life doesn't start in a kindergarten. It ends here" Peridot said. "I've gotten used to plants everywhere, bugs and breese and sunshine" You said. "All of that has been sucked out of this place. It's why the Amethysts that were made here were produced here, and now this place is nothing but a miserable husk. All of the Amethysts are gone" Peridot said. "Hey" Amethyst yelled. "Oh, all the well made Amethysts are gone" Peridot 'corrected' her self. "Yo not better" Amethyst said again. "And nothing will ever grow here again" You said. "Not even this flower" Peridot said and pointed at a random flower. Wait. A Flower?! "Wait" Amethyst said and jumped down. "I've never seen anything grow here, and I've been hanging around this rock for 5000 years. Man it looks healthy too" She said. "Wow, that's earth for you, always bouncing back" Steven said. "I don't know, I'd have to run some tests to see if it's not an anomaly" Peridot said. "You wana try planting stuff here?" Amethyst asked. "It could be an interesting experiment" You said. "Yeah! Let's re-garden the kindergarten!" Steven said with stars in his eyes.