Chapter12: Gem Harvest (part 1)

It has been two weeks since you joined the Crystal gems. Peridot wanted to grow some vegetables. You were pretty excited about it. Lapis actually started to like you. While Peridot was trying to figure out how a tractor works, Lapis was in charge of watering the vegetables, and you were helping them Grow.
Today Steven was supposed to come over to spend the night. As you were growing the last few corns, you heard a faint "Peridot! Lapis! (G/t)! I'm sorry I broke your door thingy! I wanted to fix it, but I don't know how it goes together! Makes a pretty neat mask tho". " Wow! Did I just die and go to the back of a cereal box?" You heard a faint scream. "Hi Steven!" You heard Lapis say. You ran to the back of the small field. "Steven! I'm on a tractor!" You heard Period say. "Heya Steven" You said. "Did I spray you by accident?" Lapis asked him. "Just a little" He said and shook his head. "Ahah. So glad you could make it" Lapis said. "Steven! How do you like our little- ugh. Experiment?!" Peridot asked as she parked the tractor next to you. "It's amazing! What made you want to start farming stuff all of a sudden?" Steven asked. "I had all the skills required for growing gems. I figured, why not try growing something else?" She answered. "Who knows maybe they're ready right now" You said. Peridot plucked a corn and said hello to it. "Hello corn. Mabie she can't hear me in there. I made you in my image! You will do as I say!" She yelled at it. Steven laughed a little "Wait you didn't think that the corn was gonna walk right out of the ground when you told it to did you? That's not how vegetables work." He said. "It's not?" You asked sadly. "Well than what's the point of corn!?" Period said and threw the corn on the ground. "I have to admit. I've really been starting to miss the pitter patter of full sized gem soldiers" She said. "It does get pretty quiet around here" Lapis said. "Come on (G/t) let's go disassemble the tractor" You and Peridot walked sadly to the tractor while Lapis flew back to the barn.

The next day you found a pumpkin barking and trying to pull itself from the ground. "Yes! I'll get Steven!" Period said and ran back to the barn. "Hurry Steven!" She said excited. "Peridot! Slow down!" Steven said. "But you need to see! We did it!" The pumpkin barked. "Guess you don't know how vegetables work after all" Peridot continued. "He he. Yeah you guys surely showed me" Steven said. "Come now our little creation! You can assist in harvesting the rest of your kind" Peridot said as she freed the pumpkin. It jumped out of her hands and ran towards Steven. It seemed to like Steven more than us. "Ehe. Must be the pumpkin treats in my back pocket!" He said. "That doesn't make sense" You said. "We made it. It should listen to us!" Peridot said. "It has just come into existence and it already doesn't like us." Lapis finished. "Oh come on. Go to Peridot, Lapis and (G/t)" He said. The pumpkin jumped into Stevens arms. "I'm sorry. I think he's coming to me because- I am the one who made him" He said sadly. "Oh. That explains it" Peridot said. "Well. We made this one" You said holding up a big pumpkin. "It's okay. But look at Stevens" Peridot said and looked at Stevens pumpkin who was rolling on the ground. "It has a face and everything" She continued. "It's true" You said. "Ours doesn't have a face" Lapis said sadly. "Oh no! Don't be sad. Wait right here! I have an idea!" Steven said. He ran towards the pumpkins. "My dad showed it to do this once" He said and grabbed a sarp shovel. "First we make a mouth" He said as he made a curved line on the pumpkin to make a mouth. Pumpkin looked scared. "Than two eyes" He said as he made two holes on the pumpkin. Pumpkin whined. "Hmm looking pretty good. Oh you know what? I almost forgot a really important step" He said as he cut a big hole in the pumpkin and threw the insides of the pumpkin on the ground. Pumpkin got scared and ran towards you. He jumped into your arms and cuddled into you. "Yay! It loves us now!" Peridot said. Pumpkin barked at Steven angrily. "Aww it's okay veggie head. That brute can't get you now" You said and patted pumpkin. "Oh.he he he. It's nice to have a new Addition to the family" He said and brushed the pumpkin juice off of himself.

A plane suddenly flew very closely to the ground. You all ran to the place where it landed. "Ah! What the? Hobos broke into the barn!" The man yelled. "Hey! Don't you touch our things! Peridot yelled at him. The man ran towards you. " You're hobets? A hobo is a mans job!" He yelled at us. "who's the human and what's he yelling about?" Lapis asked. "The real question is: where are my attack drones?" Peridot said. "Wait a minute. Those mysterious constructions. Your weird appearance. Your strange jewels (did I spell it right?). I know what you are. You're hippies! I heard about you on the AM radio. What're you doing coming in here socialising this fine American barn!" He yelled. You looked at Lapis and than Peridot. Peridot tried to activate the attack drones. Lapis sighed and summoned a water hand and than grabbed the human. He screamed Peridots attack drones showed up and flew around him. "Oh! There they are" Peridot said. "Wait! Don't hurt him!" Steven said. "But he's attacking us and our home!" You said. Steven stepped forward. "Uhh hello! How's it going?" He asked the human. "Oh how do you think?" The man yelled at him. "Eh. Yeah! We just wanted to know what do you want?" Steven asked the human again. "What I want? I want you hippies out of my barn!" He yelled. You looked at Steven confused. "Your barn?" Steven asked confused as well.