thirteen.

awaken by the sunlight hitting her eyes, yoojin let out a quiet yawn and stretched her arms above her. the blanket that had been draped over her petite body falling down onto the chair in the process.

the girl let out a hiss the moment she felt the full impact of sleeping in a weird position all night. rubbing her cramping neck and waist, she took a look at the sleeping boy in the bed.

all of her pain and worries seemed to have left the moment she laid eyes on jeongin. that boy's effect on her was that powerful.

yoojin felt at peace with birds chirping outside the opened window and the sun shining on them, warming them like a big, fluffy jacket. and of course, along with the cherry-haired boy's presence.

gazing at jeongin's serene state, she couldn't help but fall harder for him. the small smile that the boy had on his face even in his unconscious state was like a serotonin boost for her. everything about the lovable happy virus held the ability to drive her crazy.

a familiar voice that belonged to a man came from behind, "good morning, yoojin. did you sleep well last night?"

the black-haired girl turned around to be greeted with the sight of the friendly nurse that had been assigned to take care of jeongin.

"yea, i slept like a baby. kinda regret sleeping in that position though," yoojin replied with a giggle, massaging her neck muscles.

the nurse shot her a warm smile and reverted his eyes towards the clipboard in his hands.

"dr. lee will be coming in an hour for jeongin's weekily checkup. from my inspections, he seems to have recovered quite well. i am positive that after his condition check today, he'd be discharged in no time."

a blinding smile was pinned on yoojin's face. she replied, "that's great news!"

"of course. jeongin is very luck that he is one of those who recovers fast," the kind man said. "well, i gotta go check on my other patient now. i'll see you later," he added, turning around to leave the room with a wave of his hand.

"bye~" the soft sound could be heard coming from the boy who was supposed to be asleep.

returning her attention to jeongin, the black-haired girl saw that he had awaken. he then told her how he woke up to the voices of the nurse and her having a conversation.

"did you hear anything?" yoojin asked.

"well, i heard something like 'jeongin is lucky' and 'i have to check on patient'."

"he said you'll possibly be discharged really soon, since you recovered quickly. i mean, you can move around a lot more freely and you seldom feel pain from your ribs these days."

"wooo! can't wait to finally go home~"

「 ⌦ 」

[ ch. thirteen fin. ]

[ 19:26 ; 21 mar 2020 ]