seven.

it had been a day since jeongin had found out yoojin as the girl behind the screen for 'sadgirlhours.open'.

yoojin entered her crowded classroom and silently walked over to her seat next to ryujin, one of her only friends in her school. yoojin's parents had grilled her about her scores the night before again.

her parents were working as a nurse and doctor, which was the reason they had met each other and fell in love. with this job bringing her such joy in life, her mom had always wanted yoojin to take after their careers. that was the reason her parents wanted her to do well in class, especially in natural sciences. they wanted her to get into a medical school.

while she understood where they were coming from, she had no interest in being a nurse or doctor. plus chemistry was one of her least favorite subjects ever.

parents, i love you, but i'm not you. please stop forcing this medical agenda down my throat.

ryujin sighed from her seat next to yoojin, "my parents told me how being a dancer is 'not a proper job' again. i'm tired."

the blue-haired girl was a phenomenal dancer. she had the skills and talent. moreover, her stage presence was on another level. yoojin had often admired her amazing friend, and had hyped the girl's dance covers every time.

patting her friend on the back in understanding, yoojin turned to her homeroom teacher, who had just stepped into the classroom.

ms. kim shot her class a gentle smile, "kids, since the second semester has just started, i'd like to switch your seats around a bit so that you can become closer with each other! after all, they'll all be your schoolmates for the rest of your high school life."

to jeongin's luck, yoojin and him had ended up as seat mates.

during the first few days, they had been friendly with each other, but did not talk much. just some random remarks here and there during their classes.

the red-haired boy had continued to give her candies frequently over time, hoping they could brighten up the girl. yoojin would not admit it, but those small acts of kindness had made her school days better for sure.

with jeongin as her daily happiness booster, she was slowly becoming less reluctant at the thought of going to school, and she even looked forward to school at times. guessing the flavors of the gummy bears that jeongin would give her was a fun everyday event for her.

as the semester dragged on, the boy started to hang out more with her during recesses. he would even invite her to the student council room for lunch when her friends were busy.

the boy had never brought anyone along with him to his lunch gatherings with chan and woojin. other than her.

just like that, they had gradually grown to be friends. really good ones at that. little did they know, this blossoming friendship would lead the pair to the turning points of their bumpy teenage lives.

「 ⌦ 」

[ ch. seven fin. ]

[ 21:28 ; 16 mar 2020 ]