nine.

since that night, the duo had been studying together every day after school. sometimes at cafes, sometimes inside the school library. when they were taking breaks between working, they would talk about their problems, mainly yoojin's.

she had been opening up to jeongin a lot more, not afraid to share her struggles and dispiriting thoughts concerning her blurry future.

he would encourage her every time, "cheer up, baby~ have some gummy bears. you'll do fine!"

he had also helped her by leading her to think about her interests and how she could turn that into her future path or career. he had always been there to provide a shoulder for her to lay on when the voices inside her head had gotten too suffocating.

at some point, gummy bears had somehow come to be her favorite snack of all time. to add on that, most of her pessimistic thoughts had been cleared away, and she had posted a lot less on 'sadgirlhours.open'.

jeongin had never told her that he knew the account was her. nor had he said anything about things that were happening at home.

the boy's father was addicted to gambling and loved to drink away his problems. jeongin's poor mom had always tried hard to earn money for that man to pay for his debts.

his older brother worked very hard as well. he had left the damned house right after he had reached adulthood and promised jeongin, his mom, and his other younger brother that he will get them out as soon as he could.

that was the reason why jeongin had become the happy virus he was. he wanted everyone around him, especially his mom, to feel pure happiness when they were with him.

with that, their family had managed to deal with his father's sorry aśs one way or another.

up until that day.

「 ⌦ 」

[ ch. nine fin. ]

[ 10:36 ; 18 mar 2020 ]