two.

"morning innie!" a voice greeted as soon as jeongin stepped inside his classroom.

he shot the early bird a toothy grin, "good morning, cookie!"

the boy with braces fished out a pack of strawberry flavored pocky when he was walking towards his assigned seat next to beomgyu.

"here, have a pack of pocky!" jeongin handed the snack to the other boy, whose eyes lit up at the mention of his favorite treat.

"thank you! i swear you're the bestest friend in my life," beomgyu beamed and gave jeongin a big bear hug.

after the hug, the pair prepared for their first lesson as they chatted with each other.

jeongin had pondered upon telling beomgyu about his new self-given mission as the happy virus, but he decided against the idea.

throughout the whole day, jeongin had been paying extra attention to his classmates and, to his disappointment, there was nothing off about them. no one in particular looked glum.

the boy had given everyone in his class candies or small packs of snacks to cheer them up that day, since it was the day when their report cards of the first semester were to be distributed.

all of his classmates seemed pretty satisfied with their scores, including himself. jeongin had always been studying hard to get perfect grades.

over the other side of the classroom, a downcast yoojin stared at the piece of paper in her hands. the picture of a perfect report card in her mind became ruined by the few 'b's scattered around on the paper.

she sighed internally, feeling the urge to cry and the fear of showing the report card to her parents. bottling up her bubbling emotions inside, she put on her normal smiley face when her friends were motioning for her to join them in going to the cafeteria right when the bell rang.

「 ⌦ 」

[ ch. two fin. ]

[ 09:47 ; 13 mar 2020 ]