Chapter 26 (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

The next day you two went dress shoping to the mall. You watched as your friend changed like a hundred times before coming out with what seemed like the perfect dress. The faded green tool danced against Mina's skin, the dress' long skirt floating gracefully with every step. The arms fell elegantly across her chest, down to her forearms. Your mouth fell open, your eyes running over the intricate stars nicely sewn to the fabric.

"Mina, that's gorgeous!" Mina looks at you with a bright smile, turning to the long mirror to admire the dress. She took a handful of fabric, the perfect contrast of her skin against the faded green making it the most perfect choice.

"Luckily, I have enough money to afford this dress." She bites her lip, twirling around and walking to the changing room. After a minute she comes out with her baggy, graphic tee and her skinny light blue jeans. It's like a whole different Mina. Fancy Mina versus hipster photographer Mina. Both suit her well. She could be anything and just be perfect. 

She threw the plastic bag with the dress behind her back, using only one hand to hold it behind herself.

"What did you chose?" She asks and you hesitate for a second before showing her your dress and with a pout and a shake of her head she snatches the dress from your hand giving you hers.

"This dress is not enough to accentuate how gorgeous you are, Y/N. You are more than this dull dress. You want Jin to keep his eyes only on you the whole night? Isn't he gonna show the world who his girlfriend is? You gotta show the world who is Lee Y/N!" She says empowerfuly. You just roll your eyes, you don't really like the attention and you don't really care what dress you wear, you don't really have the money to buy a nicer dress anyway. This dress was cheap and pretty.

"Come one Mina, that one is nice." You whine flinging your arms out.

"N. O. NO! Just nice isn't enough." Mina takes the bag and walks to another dress aisle putting the dress back up.  It was just a simple coral colored dress, you thought Jin would also like it as he liked pink. You thought it seemed like a simple and comfortable dress to have the night with him. He was supposed to be the main attention not you. You grunted, sitting back on the chair with your arms crossed.

"Oh come on you big baby! Let's get you a dress!" Mina says taking your hands and standing you up. She takes you to another aisle and took down four other dresses. They were simple yet dazzling, and extra expensive. No way in Earth, Hell or Heaven would you be able to afford such a dress. It was only to be worn once, why waste on something you wouldn't use again?

"What's the point Mina?" You walk back to the changing rooms.

"Don't you want Jin to keep his eyes only on you? Make every girl envy your relationship with him?" She asks you.

You take a big sigh and gulp. "I do want Jin to keep his eyes one me." You somehow managed to stutter, your cheeks turning red with the thought. "But I don't want the world's eyes on me. I don't need to impress anybody, not even Jin."

Mina smiles and nods, "Then dress for yourself Y/N! If it's not for the world or for Jin, dress up for yourself. It's okay to want to look good. It's okay to want to wear something more chick. It is okay. So take what makes you comfortable and feel pretty and confident and wear it like you own it, because you do. Because you are a queen!" Mina bops your nose sweetly. You hated that, but Mina always did that anyway. You nodded though, she was right.

You went into the changing rooms and changed into each dress and then showing them to Mina. After a while of chosing, going from dress to dress you chose the perfect one. You stepped out with a shaky breath and watched as your friend's mouth fell open. She smiled, assuring you to come closer to her. She touched the soft fabric that was quite similar to hers. This one of course being a faded blue. She turned you around so you could face the mirror. A breath escapes from you. You stare at your figure in awe.