Chapter 6

》Seokjin's POV

》Seokjin's POV

I wake up, memories of yesterday coming back to me, my eyes beginning to fill up with tears again. How could I have been so stupid? My body trembles as the moment replays in my brain on and on.

Standing up from my new bed I stretch out and then put on the slippers Y/N gave me yesterday. I walk out of the bedroom, making my way to the kitchen. The smell of hotteok* hits me and I sniff the air in delight.

*(Hotteok- Korean sweet pancakes. It's a popular Korean street food made from a simple yeast dough with a sweet syrupy filling made with brown sugar, cinnamon and walnuts. It can also be eaten during breakfast or as a simple snack.)*

As I walk in I come face to face with Y/N. She gives me a smile as she turns around  to place the plates with the pancakes at the table.

"Morning sleepy head! You overslept." The short girl seats down at the table, pointing at a chair in front of her.

"I was drained." I sigh, sitting down on the chair in front of her. I look down at the pancakes, my mouth watering at the sweet smell.

"I made these from scratch, I hope you like them." She says, giving me a proud smile.

I look up at her as she starts eating. I give her a smile of my own as I softly nod. She must have woken up early to get the mix ready. I gladly dig into the pancakes, the sweet flavor making my stomach grumble. I moan filling my mouth with even more pancakes. Y/N giggles, covering her mouth with a hand. I look up and I realize I must look like a wolf devouring the food carelessly.

"They're great." I say, pointing at the half eaten pancakes with my fork and knife.
With just a compliment, her cheeks turn pink an she looks down.

"I'm glad you like them."

Finishing up my breakfast, I look at Y/N eat, she quietly chews her food. I think about her personality, how good of a person she is. How glad  I am we are friends. She's so different from other girls I've met before. Y/N is nothing like-

Y/N looks up at me as I stare at her. I quickly avert my eyes to the kitchen instead of Y/N's face.

"You okay Jin?" Y/N asks me. I look back at her again, wondering how can this girl be so calm and chill.

"The truth is that I'm not okay, Y/N-ah. I'm trying to distract myself from what happened yesterday, but I just can't." I blurt not able to hide anything from her. 

Is this how it feels to have friends? Are friends able to tell each other things that one has no courage to talk about?  I look away, embarrassed.

"Jin, I'm worried about you. I won't pressure you to tell me what happens, but know that I'm here when you're ready."  

I close my eyes as the memories keep on showing up. It hurts so much, but Y/N's right, I can't keep my feelings shut in.