Why'd You Have To Go? - Mashton

after the mall chapter I secretly stan them as a couple shhh
Basically this is
happy --> sad

Birthday Countdown:
- Me: Tomorrow! 😜🥳💞

..sorry not sorry 😝

*******

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Micheal whines at his husband, who keeps staring at him. "Oh, no reason," Ashton replies. "I just think you're beautiful.. and adorable. You're so pure. Innocent."

"I'm not-" the faded-purple haired boy tries to interrupt, toying with the ring on his finger.

"Shh," the oldest of the two demands. "You are the strongest person I've ever met. My little kitten. The best thing that's ever happened to me. You're just..sugar and spice, and everything nice. Don't forget that, okay Micheal?"

Said boy stays quiet.

"Mikey?" Ashton coos.

Micheal launches himself at the brunette boy, wrapping his arms around his neck. "I love you," He mumbles into the crook of Ash's neck. "Oh, I love you, I love you, I love you. So much."

"I love you, too, Mike. Forever and always."

*******

Forever wasn't as long as Ashton thought.

An idiot driver bashed into him a week later. Wasn't even paying attention to the light change. The driver door on Ashton's car was pounded in almost all the way, leaving  the 24 year old to die on impact.

It really was a tragedy, yes.

At a time like this you were supposed to feel pain, are you not?

Michal Clifford didn't feel pain.

He relived the moment over and over.

From getting a phone call from the police, to rushing to the scene to see Ashton, one last time, trying to avoid getting in an accident of his own.

Luke and Calum planned the funeral. Well, it was mostly Luke, as Calum had stayed, watching over Michael, making sure he ate, bathed, slept. Keept him healthy.

The day of the funeral was not pleasant, to say the least. Micheal broke down all over again at the tombstone, at the coffin, being dug into the ground, six feet under.

Seeing the name Irwin-Clifford engraved in stone, pained the widow more than words could describe. This pain.. went beyond the word pain. It was agony. Maybe even worse than agony.

Micheal stared at the tombstone, now. All alone. Cold-hearted.

The words Ashton once told him, echoed in his head as he sat criss cross applesauce on the ground. He laid down on top of the place the coffin was buried, hoping to get close to his husband, at least in spirit.

"You know, you told me I was strong. Yet, here I am, lying here, broken. You were always the bravest out of us two, Ashton. The strongest. Like a husky warrior.. You did have some big ass muscles, babe," Micheal says, laughing along with his words.

"I just wish you didn't have to leave so soon. It's like I invited you over to my house, and you became accustomed to being there, with me," He wonders out loud.

"But.. your Mom came to bring you back home. You fought, kicked, screamed. Thew a tantrum. Anything that would let you stay, but.. she just dragged you out of my house and.. left me there, wondering, why'd you have to go?"

*******

508 words :)

Wasnt that sad

Sorry 🤷‍♂️ lol

Okay jk that was actually sad. I kinda went on the fly with the ending there, but.. XD thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!

~Aubree/Potatoes