How Long - Mashton/Lashton

Yes a sad one shot for my comeback.

..deal with it

Also YAYYY IM BACK- and doing really well :) I've been distant from Wattpad a lot for a while since January but I am definitely better now and want to continue writing. I'm listening to my 8D playlist on YT rn and yeah.. How Long is on so that's where this is inspired from

Plus I never wrote a cheating one shot before 😏

Era: like 2015 Ash & Luke but red hair Michael

P.S. this is UNEDITED so if theres a mistake let me know ❤

*******

Michael laid awake staring at the digital clock on the nightstand. (HOLY FUCK BABYLON (lmao I had it as BABYLONG and that got the wrong image in my head) CAME ON AND MY HEART I HAD A HEART ATTACK MY HEART OKKSJSJSJSJ OMG HIS VOICE I HAVE CHILLS CALUM WHY)

He started getting hot, so the blankets were (very) ungracefully kicked away in an angry manner. It was 1 in the morning and the guitarist had yet to feel the left side of the mattress sink in and that familiar pair of arms wrap around his waist.

Ashton had been out most of the time getting inspired for lyrics on their new album. At least that's what he said, anyway.

It was the same old excuse, over, and over, and over.

Michael was starting to deny that his boyfriend of 3 years was just "songwriting."

So, he shoved the blankets away more once he was sitting up, and stood up with a single huff.

The red-haired boy threw on some ripped jeans, a t-shirt, and a flannel jacket.

He hurried outside, started the car, and was on his way.

*******

When Michael turned down the street to Luke's house, an uneasy feeling grew in the pit of his stomach. (Okay but Artic Monkey's "Why'd You Only Call me When You're High" is so much more of a masterpiece in 8D I'm dead- WHYD YOU ONLY CALL ME WHEN YOURE HIGHH, HIGH)

Then he pulled up to the driveway, and seeing Ashton's car in the driveway made him want to hurl.

Maybe he just wanted to run lyrics by him, he thought.

But why should Luke Hemmings be up at 2 am? (Bye Greek Tragedy in 10D-)

Michael got out of the car, and somehow found the strength to bang on the door.

No answer.

So, he resorted to the key, under the mat.

He pulled the key out from under the mat and jammed it into the door knob, twisting it and opening the door with such force that it bounced off the other side of the wall.

He didn't mean to be so mad, it was just that.. Ashton? Cheating? It was something that he only imagined the other end of; of course, y'know, when they made up and got married.

The basics.

Michael stomped up the stairs, as if he was about to fight some kind of a battle that took place upstairs in Luke Hemming's house.

He couldn't help but notice the half empty, open bottles of expensive alchohol. Who would be drinking at this hour?

Well, it's 5 o'clock somewhere, ri- Fuck that.

The distant sound of laughing made Michael feel as if he had just been put to death. An arrow straight through his heart.

He reached Luke's bedroom, the one he had visited many times to hang out, or just to sleep, if they were only home in LA for a few days, and he didn't feel like bunking with his parents again.

His hands began to shake and his heart began to race as he placed one of them on the golden bronze knob and turned it.

To Michael, it felt as if time was in slow motion, as he opened the door to see a sight that he would erase from his memory completely.

The tears had started flowing before he was even halfway done opening the damn door; because he knew that there would be no turning back. No way to pick up the pieces.

Ashton was on top of Luke, surely teasing him in some way, and they both very clearly were smiling- enjoying it.

Then they turned to Michael, and time went even slower as Ashton sputtered something about how this was a "mistake" and that they were "drunk" but the guitarist wasnt even half listening.

(IT STARTED WITH A KISS ON YOUR MOMMAS COUCH 2012 WAS NOTHING SERIOUS- ok sorry lmao back to sad)

"How long has this been going on?" He asked, his shoulders going up and down as he panted, trying to catch a fresh breath that didn't make his head hurt.

"What do you mean? Mike, this is the only time, it just got carried away-"

"Stop lying to me, Ashton. Just because you've gotten so good at it over the last 3 years doesn't mean you have to show it off!"

Ashton looked sad, too, and Michsel might have regretted yelling- if only his heart wasnt broken in a million pieces.

That night, Michael left Luke's house a broken, now single boy, his heart on the floor in a million pieces, and a previous member of a punk rock band.

*******

a moment of silence for Calum who was (surprisingly) not in this chapter

and a.. bigger moment of silence for Mashton :(

Also I'm back!! Say you're happy I'm back <3

like rn

please

ily 🥺💖😽

~Aubree/Potatoes/Skittles