"Dude," but it's just Times When They Were in Love - Malum

disclaimer: It's been a while, and mystal are married now.... wow wtf.. I know I wrote when they were just engaged, but just a disclaimer that this is no disrespect to Michael & Crystal's relationship! I love them together they're adorable and we already know I have a big fat crush on Crystal 😳😳

Prompt: Times where Michael & Calum called each other "dude," but each time it gets more romantic

Era: any era, but possibly 2018?

Enjoy!! I'm finally updating!!! 💚

‼️WARNING: SLIGHT NSFW/IMPLIED SEXUAK CONTENT
NOT SAFE FOR RAMADAN‼️

********
1.

"What do you wanna play?"

Michael stood shuffling through his stack of Xbox CDs, waiting for an answer, but he never got one.

He turned to look at his friend who was staring into the abyss on the sofa, "Cal? You alright?"

Calum shook his head back and forth, his floppy curls dropping down into his face, as if he were trying to remove negative thoughts from his mind.

"Huh?" he answered, as soon as he was out of his trance.

"Dude, you good? I was asking what game you wanted to play," Michael answers. Even if his word choice was bland, the Maori on the couch could tell that the blonde was concerned. He had the "I'm Michael you can't lie to me" face plastered on, too.

"Dude, it's fine-"

"Dude."

"Michael."

"Calum," Michael bites back, striding over to the couch and sitting skin-to-skin with the younger (and if there was an entire other half of couch left that he could've sat on, no one needed to know).

"I just miss Australia, Mike. It's nothing," Calum confesses, and that has Michael's frown deepening.

"You know you can tell me anything, right? That's not nothing. I understand how you feel. Aus is a big part of our lives and being out here in Cali all the time.. it gets lonely," He comforts, placing a hand on the other's arm. "You must miss Mali, huh? Your mom, and dad?"

"Of course I miss them. That's my problem. Do you know how long it's been since I've had a sister hug?"

"Well, instead.. you can have a brother hug!" Michael exclaims, grabbing Calum by the shoulders and smushing him to his chest.

Calum sniffles and buries his head into his friend's chest, and when he feels Michael grip onto him tighter, he's hit with the realization that maybe there's nothing "brother" about this hug at all.

2.

"Why did I agree to come here with you? You're so annoying," Calum mumbles, brushing arms with Michael as they walk through the mall.

Michael scoffs, "But you love me."

"And, because we need soap," he adds.

"Yeah, sure- and why are we nowhere near the Bath & Bodyworks?"

"Maybe it's just because I want to spend more time with you, dude," the blonde says, like it's nothing, but it makes Calum's heart jump- and the next second when their arms touch, it makes his heart jump then, too.

The younger of the two shimmies to the side slightly, ignoring the hotness he feels as a blush creeps up the back of his neck and onto his face.

They walk in silence, until Michael is glancing at Calum every five seconds and the tanned man is feeling himself get more and more flushed by the minute.