Chapter 12

[Song on repeat: Move Along by All-American Rejects]
AN: everyone thinks I'm killing Sky off omg why what did I say

Ty walked down the silent gravel path slowly, hands in his pockets and his face contorted in deep thought. Was he making a mistake? Would he even want to see him? He had to go though, he had to. Mostly because he wasn't allowed to go back to the training grounds if he didn't, but he also wanted to go see him since he got back.

Ty kicked his foot out, sending a rock a few feet in front of him before it stopped, ready for him to kick it again. This went on until he reached his destination. He turned on his heels to face the wooden building, a small sign outside the only indicator to show him he was in the right place. He took a deep breath before bounding up the steps out front, brushing his hand against the words on the wooden sign. 'Medical House' they read, plain as day. Ty gave a quick couple of knocks on the oak door before opening it and peeking in.

"Doctor Smith? Is this a good time?" He asked meekly. His eyes landed on the form in the far corner of the small building.

"Of course, he's not up yet though." The doctor stood from his desk, stuffing his hands in his pockets and taking long, slow strides toward the only occupied bed. Ty followed carefully, standing on the side opposite Doctor Smith. His eyes scanned the taller and older man's face, trying to find any emotion to console his worries. If anything, he found more to fear. The doctor looked tired and hopeless, his eyelids drooping and his forehead creased with worry. The classic white doctor coat was wrinkled and sagging off of his shoulders.

"Do you think he'll be alright?" Ty wondered aloud, eyes flickering to Sky before looking back at the doctor. Doctor Smith raised his eyes to the ceiling, slightly tilting his head back as he scrunched up his face and exhaled heavily.

"Notch, I hope so. Honestly it's all up to him now, and I'm hoping he's strong enough to fight through this. He's been through so much of this, I'm not sure how much more adventure his body will allow. And this foot-" he motioned a hand towards the newly bandaged foot. "-it's extremely damaged. Even if he does wake up, there's no guarantee he will be able to walk on that foot. At least not for a while." Ty nodded solemnly at the doctor's grimness, flinching at the way he spoke about his condition. Ty may not like Sky, but he never wanted this. Oh never would he ask for such a cruel fate for someone his friends held dear.

"Okay. Well, let me know if he wakes up. And if he does, tell him I visited." Ty rushed the words out before turning on his heel and walking out the door. Doctor Smith chuckled lightly behind him as he noticed his rush to leave, luckily not taking it personally. The last thing a warrior needed was for the doctor to have a grudge against him for something so silly. Smith was never one to hold grudges or even have a bad attitude towards someone.

Ty's journey back to the training grounds was quiet and thoughtful, his mind a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. He shook his head in hopes of that magically clearing away his worries, but it was to no avail. Nothing could shake these unpleasant thoughts of the apocalypse, much like nothing could stop it. Their only hope was incapacitated, all they could wish for was that they could get along without their best leader. A deep sigh passed the boy's lips as he dragged a sweaty hand down his dirt-covered face. This was all too much, far too much.

"I'm only 18..." He muttered to himself, listening to the crunch of the gravel under his feet as he unsheathed the perfectly polished light blue diamond sword from its place on his hip. He ran his fingers along the cool metal, daring to take a peek at his disheveled reflection. A scoff of disgust was uttered from Ty's throat as he surveyed the mud and blood splattered randomly about his skin. He raised a hand to his face, scratching off a spot of dried blood from his chin.

"You're filthy, Ty." A female voice echoed through the still air, causing him to whirl around and meet the speaker. There stood a pale-skinned girl with red and black headphones around her neck. Her black hair covered her left eye, leaving only her right eye visible. This eye was a dark red color, matching her headphones. She donned a grey shirt underneath the black one she had on along with block shoes and loose black pants. Her arms were crossed over her chest as she looked Ty over, raising her only visible eyebrow.

"Hey DJ," Ty replied cooly, dismissing her comment as he waved in a friendly manner. DJ sighed and looked back at the Medical House in despair(AN: DONT SAY IT DANGAN RONPA FANS...) before turning back to Ty.

"I know you're worried about him. Deep down you're terrified for that man, I see it in your eyes. You're not alone Ty, we're all scared. You need to get over this idiotic feud you guys have going on once he wakes up." Ty chuckled sadly, looking away from her.

"If."

"What?"

"If he wakes up. Who says he will?" Ty looked at her once more, his voice lowering dangerously. DJ's jaw clenched visibly at his tone as she stuffed her hands in her pockets.

"I do. Now for once in your life be optimistic about something! You're bringing the whole village down with you!" She began to shout her reply before turning on her heels and walking away and turning a corner, now out of Ty's sight. Ty let out a sigh and turned also, back on course to the training grounds. He scratched his neck and pulled his hand away, surveying the amount of grime and blood added to the previous amount under his fingernails.

"She's right, I'm disgusting. So is everyone else, though. No one is squeaky clean nowadays." He muttered to himself as he trudged on.

Meanwhile back in the Medical House, Sky's finger twitched. A tiny little flick of his index finger, but movement nonetheless. He was fighting.

AN: sorry this was so short and late, no excuses for that. Hope you enjoyed! DJ is the second OC added, ToxicDJ. Thanks for the character! :D