Chapter 7

(Song on repeat: Vegas Lights by Panic! At The Disco [has nothing to do with the chapter I just love the song XD])

(THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS A BIT OF SLIGHTLY DETAILED VOMITING AND SUCH IN THE BEGINNING AND STUFF WHOOPS)

"The only issue is, I can't wake up."

Sky sighed. A nightmare. Nightmare. The word ran through his mind, making his head spin. He couldn't stand it. All of this was happening too fast. He just pushed all of his emotions away again, and got back to business. Ge began and Rock ran with him, the sudden gallop scaring Jerome out of his slumber.

"Huh? Wha-Huh?!" He shouted, bolting upright. "I'M UP!" Sky rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"We are almost there, just sit right unless you wanna walk with me." Sky had slowed down by now, seeing Frags a few feet in front of them and wanting to give him time to think. A gut wrenching smell filled his nostrils so suddenly, that he dry heaved, putting his hands on his knees and feeling his empty stomach convulse over and over, attempting to get something out of it. The village was close. Very close.

"Sky!" Jerome yelled, hopping off of Rock and patting his friend's back. Frags ran back to them also, both of them now trying to get Sky to stop. But Sky wouldn't listen, all he wanted was to throw up something. Anything. So with one last heave, he up-chucked the last bit of food in his stomach, along with some stomach bile.

(I literally almost puked there tbh okay let's keep going)

He wiped his mouth off with his glove, and gladly took the water bottle Frags handed him. He tipped the bottle upside down above his open mouth, and quickly gargled, spitting out the liquid he used to wash his mouth. A groan passed his lips as he began to think of what he had just done. That wasn't exactly pleasant, was it? Probably wasn't what his friends wanted to be doing right now, watching him barf out half digested food. Sky quickly turned from the vomit, walking closer to the edge of the trees. He knew what lie ahead: his beloved town, broken and crumbling. Was he ready? Of course not. He knew he had a chance of breaking down again once he saw the true damage, but he might not even see the damage, seeing as there was a thick cloud of smoke on the other side of the trees.

So that was the smell. Blood and fire and smoke, all mixed together. The loud cracks and pops of the flames filed his ears, reminding him of what the source of the smoke was. He took in a deep breath, wondering how they would make it through this. There was no way they could get through the smoke. It was too much, they would die of smoke inhalation for sure.

Jerome stepped up, knowing what he was thinking. "Maybe there are buildings that aren't burnt to a crisp that the smoke hasn't gotten to yet? They could be like checkpoints, we wait there until we are alright again." He placed a paw on Sky's shoulder. Sky only shook his head in defeat.

"There's no way we could make it through before the rest burns down, if there's anything even left."

"You really are not and optimist are you?" Frags asked, rolling his eyes at Sky's dramatic reactions to everything. Sky sent a pointed glare in Frags' direction, his eyes red and his hair tousled from running his fingers through it too much. Once again, his hand reached up to his head to tug at his own strands of hair. The action just seemed to calm him, with the feeling of the fluffy curls in between his fingers. By now, his gloves were off, as he didn't want to run the vomit on them into his beloved hair. It was great to have them off, then again a bit scary, as they protected his hands from a lot more than you would think. Though they didn't cover the tips of his fingers, they protected the rest of his hand, and that was important. It felt weird as he grasped onto the handle of his sword without the leather gloves as a barrier between his skin and the rough handle. He tapped the blade lightly on a nearby tree trunk, creating a thin line in the bark.