Chapter 1

Sky awoke in a daze, and his hand flashed to his aching head. He felt... Liquid. Warm liquid seeping out of a wound on his forehead. He groaned and slowly got up, applying pressure to his wound, using his gloves to soak up some of the crimson blood. He wiped the blood covering his eyelids and slowly opened his red eyes, afraid of what he would see. The sight, something he would never forget.

The kingdom he made it his life goal to protect, was ravaged from the attack. Everything came back to him in a flash, the fight. The monsters. And lastly... The horrifying goodbye cry. From his king. Tears found their way down his cheeks and he picked up his broken sword, looking at his reflection. His long brown hair was pulled back like usual, but had somehow gotten slightly tangled while he was fighting. He has a huge gash on his forehead, from what he did not know. All he knew was that it was bleeding severely and he would need it patched. Fast. His glasses were mangled and cracked, and lay on the ground next to him. His armor was cracked, obviously ready to break. He carefully pulled off the diamond chestplate, wary of his wounds.
"If I don't get myself fixed up soon, I'll die for sure." He muttered to himself, standing up and hearing the click-clack of skeleton bones roaming the long, trashed halls. Then it hit him. "The others!" He said, a bit too loud. The clack of bones stopped, and he took in a sharp breath. He had been figured out. The noise started again, making it's way closer and closer to the gold-obsessed boy. Or, more of man now. He was now 22, yet it was too young to die in battle.
'Yet so was five... The king's son died in a battle he wasn't meant to fight' he thought to himself. He shuttered quickly as his mind flashed back to his Queen and the Prince laying motionless on the cold throne room floor.
"I'm doing this for them." He whispered, bounding over to the window and slipping out of it and onto the ledge. He was five stories up, an unruly height to be clinging onto the side of a building at. Yet, he kept going. Inching his way closer to the next window over, where he hoped his acquaintance Ty was. Sky didn't know Ty well, but he was the closest warrior to his room. If Sky could find him, his chances of making it through this were much higher. Honestly, Ty and Sky had never been on good terms with each other. Sky broke Ty's headphones during their first practice battle together, and Ty has resented him ever since.
Sky finally hopped into the window, grateful to see Ty sitting at an anvil, repairing his sword. He looked deep in thought, his tongue out of his mouth in concentration. Sky chuckled lightly at the sight, as he always had a humorous side under his warrior-like outer shell.
Ty's head snapped around at the deep sound, his face hardening at the sight of Sky.
"What do you want, Adam?" He asked, jaw clenched. Adam fought a furious scowl from reaching his face. No one calls him Adam. Ever.
"I've told you this, Tyler. My name is Sky, and you will refer to me as such. Do you understand?" He spat back his reply, shooting a pointed gaze at the younger boy. Ty was a mere eighteen, causing Sky to constantly think of him as kid, or the boy. Never as Ty. This infuriated Ty to no end, which didn't help his cause much.
Ty stood up suddenly, squaring himself up with Sky. "And my name is Ty you idiotic bafoon, now tell me your business or I'll slay you here and now!" Ty growled lowly, his newly repaired diamond sword at the ready. Sky took a step back, putting his hands up in surrender.
"I am not here to fight, kid- I mean Ty, I'm here to ask for your assistance. The monsters are taking over, if you can recall last night's happenings. The royal family is dead. We must get to the main castle and get the amulet before it's put into the wrong hands. If we don't, I don't want to even think of the consequences." Sky explained calmly. Ty's gaze only grew more and more dangerous as he went on.
"We? What is this we you speak of? We are nothing! I don't need your help in finding the amulet, I can do it on my own." Sky rolled his eyes as the boy made his way to the door, which would obvious take him into a battle with a hoard of mobs.
"And I'M the supposed bafoon. I wouldn't go out there, Ty. You'll be killed in seconds. A couple minutes at most."
Ty spun on his heels and looked at the smug man. "I know what I'm doing! Now go, scat! I can handle myself! I don't need you constantly looking over my shoulder!" He then turned back around and grabbed the door handle, waiting to hear Sky's footsteps back out the window.
Sky sighed, and climbed back out the way he came. Except, instead of heading to the next room, he waited. He sat and waited for the door to open, in a ready position to attack.
Ty opened the door, and was immediately swarmed by zombies. He let out a quiet cry, trying not to alert others. His mistake was opening the door so noisily, he flung it open carelessly, clearly not braced for the onslaught at the other side. Sky took a peek, and when he saw the boy struggling enough to teach him a lesson, he jumped in and stealthily took out a few from behind. By this time, they were out in the hallway and only gaining more attention. Sky made his way into the middle, slaying zombies and dodging their attacks. He reached Ty and quickly touched his back to the boy's. Ty instantly became furious, his attacks stronger, yet more careless than before.
"What are you doing here?! I thought you left!" He yelled over the noise of battle.
Sky scoffed. "First rule in Royal Fighter training: Never leave another Warrior behind! I don't care if we hate each other, we're working for the same cause, and I'm not letting you do this alone!"
Now it was Ty's turn to scoff, as he turned his head to look at Sky. He opened his mouth to speak, when Sky noticed the zombies about to take a killing blow.
"LOOK OUT!" Sky yelled, grabbing Ty and shoving him into the room at the other side of the hall, turning and fighting the zombies back enough to jump in and close the door. He pressed his back against the door, which was luckily iron, and slowly sank to the ground. He let out a long sigh, closing his eyes and leaning it against the door.
Ty coughed awkwardly. "Th-thanks." He muttered, not looking in Sky's direction. Sky looked at his fellow fighter and smiled.
"We're Royal Fighters, we protect each other. It's what we're taught." Ty nodded, looking out the window at the battle-ravaged kingdom they called home. He sighed, obviously holding back tears. Sky watched him concernedly, but left him be. Tears streamed down Ty's cheeks, but Sky waited for him to speak first.
"I just- I pictured this differently. I didn't expect the demise of the kingdom to come so easily. It's almost... Unfair. We were outnumbered. Now everyone is gone." He whispered, just barely loud enough for Sky to hear. Sky nodded, agreeing.
"Well, you don't know that everyone is gone. I did tell Mitch to get all the survivors he could find and bring them underground. But we have to find Jason and Lachlan first. They should be in their rooms. Follow me." Sky climbed out the window, balancing himself so he didn't free fall fifty feet to the ground. He looked over, making sure Ty was alright. He seemed okay, a bit squeamish of heights however.
They made their way to the next window, and as Sky peeked in to look for one of the two men, he heard Ty grunt, then the sound of his shoes scraping against the concrete ledge. Sky gasped and turned, grabbing the boy's hand before he fell to his imminent doom. Ty looked up at Sky, fear clouding his dark brown eyes.
"H-help.. P-p-please..." He whispered. Sky nodded, feeling behind him with one foot. When he felt the opening of the window, he used his foot to "grab" the inside of the windowsill, yanking Ty up and pulling them both inside. They collapsed in two heaps, both breathing heavily as they stood. Ty got up on shaky legs, like a baby fawn attempting to take it's first steps. Sky put an arm around his waist, and Ty put one arm around Sky's neck to steady himself. Ty limped on one foot, hobbling along.
"Sky? Ty? What are you doing here?" An Australian voice called quietly. "Don't be making a ruckus, you'll attract the monsters."
"Lachlan listen, we need to get Jason and go underground, find the survivors. Mitch is with them. But it won't be easy climbing from window to window with Mr. OneLeg here." Sky explained, jokingly pointing at the crippled Ty. Ty shot a serious glare at Sky, his gaze menacing.
"Watch it, Adam." He spat.
Lachlan looked taken aback. "Feisty today, aye Ty?" He grinned, his usual happy self. Ty gave him a rude gesture with his hand, but he simply blew it off with a smile.
"How are you so smiley right now?" Sky asked, struggling to keep holding Ty up. Ty seemed to keep giving less and less energy into keeping himself up, replying on Sky's strength to make sure he didn't hit the ground.
'Is he using me?' Adam asked himself. He shook the thought from his mind, not wanting to think about it.
"I just know that in the end, everything will turn out alright. No matter what happens." Came Lachlan's reply. Ty rolled his eyes and muttered under his breath. "Now come on, cheer up Ty! Don't be such a jag."
"I'll be a jag if I want to! Yknow what? I don't even know what a jag is! You guys just make up words and try to be funny! Guess what? You're not! You're not helping this situation! At all! Maybe we could use you as bait for the monsters, take them all out as they attack you!" Ty snapped. Anger flashed into Lachlan's eyes, something that rarely happened.
"I freaking dare you, try to throw me to them. You're the one that's crippled, what if we threw you to them? You're one year older than me and you think you're so tough. You tripped on a ledge! Is that tough?" Lachlan snatched his sword from his back in a flash, placing the tip at Ty's neck. Ty sucked in a sharp breath, closing his eyes.
"Lachlan! Ty! Stop it or I'll throw you both out there, see if you can fend for yourselves!" Sky disciplined. Lachlan sighed, withdrawing his sword and placing it back into his backpack.
"I'm sorry Sky... I don't know what happened, I just snapped... I really didn't mean to." He apologized.
"It's alright, Lachlan. I know you didn't mean it." Sky looked to Ty, awaiting his apology. It never came.
"What? I'm not apologizing! He's the one that almost killed me!" Ty yelled stubbornly.
Lachlan covered Ty's mouth with his hand. "Shut up! You're attracting more!" He hissed, listening to the growing hoard outside, ready to devour them.
"Come on, before we all kill each other. We have to move fast, and careful. Ty, your foot is fine. You just twisted your ankle, fight through the pain for a little bit. We can look at it closer once we get underground with Jason." Sky said as he climbed BACK out the window. He seemed to be spending a lot of time suspended fifty feet above the air, nothing to catch him if he falls.
"Are you sure this is safe?" Lachlan asked shakily.
"It's easy. Just don't look down at the ground, look at your feet. Keep them steady, keep your back against the wall. Stay as far from the edge as you can. Distribute your weight evenly, so you don't tip over." Sky gave them a few tips, and they were soon at Jason's room. However, the window was closed. Sky knocked on it, getting no reply, he sighed slowly bending his knees and taking the point of his broken sword and putting the tip under the window, yanking it up and jumping in. Ty and Lachlan followed.
"Jason?" Sky called. "Jason, where are you?"
Jason's room was a bit bigger, having a second small room connected to it. Sky looked to his two companions.
"Anyone have a spare sword?" He asked sheepishly, holding up his sad excuse for a weapon. Lachlan laughed, grabbing a non-enchanted diamond sword and tossing it to Sky. He smiled and held it at the ready, crouching and slowly making his way into the other room. Jason sat on the bed, helmet next to him, rubbing his face.
"Jason?" His head snapped up and he grabbed his sword in defense. He turned, realizing it was only his acquaintances, and sat back down.
"You guys okay?" He asked, pulling his backpack over his shoulders and onto his back. He gazed at them with his blue eyes for a few seconds before sliding on his helmet, making his face almost impossible to make out through the orange tinted glass.
"I hope so. You have enough fuel to make it to the underground bunker with a passenger?" Sky asked, looking around for gasoline tanks for his jet pack. Jason nodded, sighing and taking off his helmet again to speak.
"Yeah, but we can't take much extra. The tanks are heavy as crap, and we need other stuff too. The fuel is the least of our worries." Sky nodded in understanding. They needed their small amount of space to take supplies, not fuel.
"Well, Ty twisted his ankle up on the ledge, we need you to fly him to the bunker. All the survivors and Mitch should be there. Tell them Lachlan and I are on our way, and that we should be there soon. We're okay. If we don't get there before sundown, move on without us. The amulet is still in the castle, at least I hope so. We need to get it before the monsters do. Something tells me this is an attack sent by Herobrine, and Notch knows we don't want him in possession of our amulet." Sky explained quickly. Jason took in every bit of information and nodded.
"Got it. Come on Ty, I'll help you out the window." He put a hand on Ty's back and walked him to the window, making sure he didn't fall. Sky turned to Lachlan, both of their swords were drawn.
"You ready little guy?" Sky smirked playfully.
"Ready when you are, old man." Lachlan smirked back, flicking Sky in the head. He laughed, rubbing the spot on his forehead.
"Let's go." Sky replied after hearing the roar of Jason's jet pack slowly fade away. The two boys walked to the door, their only chance at this point. No way they would attempt to jump into the small pond below them, that was a death wish. However, so was walking out into the mob-infested hallway. Yet they were doing it.
Lachlan placed his hand on the door handle, turning it carefully and pulling the door open a crack. He stuck his head out of it, Sky watching carefully, ready to jump into action. Lachlan turning back to him, opening the door fully and nodding.
"It's safe. Stay quiet, the monsters are all looking the other way." He whispered before ducking out the door and tiptoeing quickly to the stairs. Sky followed directly behind, looking all around for any signs of danger. He could already hear the groans of zombies coming from the long staircase, causing him to shudder. He gripped his sword tightly, holding it in front of them as he followed schism down. Lachlan let out a quick yelp, lurching forward and slicing with his sword. Something dropped to the ground, a zombie.
"That was close." He muttered. "Want me to take the lead?"
Lachlan shrugged, and they switched places, quickly setting off on their journey again. Suddenly, a loud whoosh was heard, and the step in front of them was removed. Sky gasped and pushed Lachlan back, trying not to fall into the hole that was left. He looked into the darkness, and two purple glowing eyes stared back.
"Enderman!" He shouted, and the creature became enraged. It started shaking, opening it's mouth and revealed it's rows of dangerously sharp teeth. The sound of static rang through Sky's head, and he groaned as it became louder and louder. He could barely hear Lachlan's shouts over it, it was overbearing. The beast teleported in front of them, and just as Sky closed his eyes and braces for the attack, it all stopped. The staircase went silent, and as Sky slowly looked up, he saw the Enderman, limp and impaled with his friend's glimmering sword. Lachlan was breathing heavily, and he looked down at a shocked Sky.
"Never leave a fellow Warrior behind." He smiled, helping Sky up and jumping over the spot where the one step had been. Sky smiled and stood up, dusting himself off and following Lachlan.
"I hear a skeleton up ahead, I'll get it." Sky whispered, jumping ahead again. He turned the corner and jumped forward, thrusting his sword in front of him. "Haha!" He yelled in victory as he yanked his sword upwards, causing the bones in the skeleton's ribcage to all become disconnected. Lachlan chuckled.
"Good job Sky. Let's keep going. We might have to scale the outside wall to the next open window though, we aren't ready for the hoard at the bottom." The Aussie boy suggested, leaping onto the windowsill next to him and looking out at the jagged brick wall. Sky hopped onto it also, and quickly kicked the glass out. He grabbed onto the ledge and swung out, grunting as he smacked into the rough wall. His feet found their footing on two of the uneven bricks, and he carefully reached his hands over to grab onto two more bricks.

"Come on down!" He called to the onlooking blonde boy. Lachlan nodded, doing as Sky had just done, but on the opposite side of the now broken window. "This is really... Ugh, this is really much harder to do than I thought." Sky grunted, slowly climbing downwards. He took a quick look below him, searching for the window. Suddenly, he felt his hands slip. He gasped, attempting to grab ahold of the bricks once more. Much to his dismay, he kept simply clutching air in his fists, and he began falling backwards.

"SKY!" He heard Lachlan scream as he closed his eyes, and braced for his imminent death.

A/N CLIFFHANGER ON THE FIRST CHAPTER! So sorry if this is short, I really can't tell how long it is! Either way, I'm super psyched about this new story, and I hope you are too! I'll begin introducing the winners of the contest next chapter, and I won't just forget like with MITM! Haha, thanks so much for reading, love to all! I'm hoping to update this story once or twice a week, so keep on the lookout for it! Buh baiiiii!!!! :D