Chapter 2

It all happened too fast. One minute Sky was free falling 40 feet to his death, and the next he was being pulled through a window, twenty feet below where he started. Slowly, he opened his eyes to see a blue and orange helmet. Through the orange glass, he saw Jason's grinning face.
"You should be more careful when scaling walls. You're lucky I was here." He suggested with a chuckle, his voice muffled through the helmet. Sky scowled at him, though was grateful his friend caught him, that he was alive.
"Thanks Jason, did you happen to get a look and see if there were tons of mobs at the bottom of the building? We need to get down, and too the castle as fast as possible. Lachlan is still up there." He nodded up at the boy clinging to the wall, looking down at them. His eyes were fearful, afraid he would fall like Sky did. "Set me down, then go grab him. I'll fight the mobs off if they come too close." Sky yanked his sword out of his belt, grinned as he ran his hand down the flat part of the light blue sword. It seemed like it would be so delicate, but it was the strongest type of sword available in Minecraftia. However, over in Hyrule, there was the Master Sword, which was even stronger than the diamond sword. Sadly, Master Swords had been outlawed in Minecraftia, but no one knew why.
Jason flew back out the window and slowly descended, placing Sky on his feet once they reached the ground. Sky watched as he flew back up, snatching Lachlan from his place on the wall and bringing him back down.
"I'm about to run out of fuel. Once I do, I'll have to dump the tank so I can walk easier. Which means it would be more efficient if I flew ahead a little bit to see what's in the path, instead of lugging it around for a while. I'll be back, start walking that way though." Jason informed them, before turning and taking off. Sky saluted jokingly to him before setting off with Lachlan.
"Well, that was an adventure, huh?" Lachlan joked, scratching the back of his neck. Sky chuckled, nodding.
"Yeah, sure was. But we still have a ways to go, and much more adventure ahead of us. The hard part isn't even close yet." He looked around, watching for any signs of movement as they made their way into the ravaged village ahead. The castle lay a ways away, on top of a large mountain. He sighed, realizing how long it would take to get there. He immediately regretted not allowing Jason to take another tank of fuel, as they could be almost there by now if he had.
"Sometimes I wish the adventure would just go away, that we could live normal lives."
"Well, whether you like it or not, this is as normal as it gets. I know that when we were just kids, we felt like the world was better than this. We used to think that you always found your true love, people never died, monsters didn't exist. Then we're thrown into this huge mess that we think is totally unfair, but in reality it's just life. And we're going to live it. But hey, would you rather have a boring life where you sit at home all day, or an exciting one, doing what we are now?" Sky smiled. Lachlan forced a laugh.
"I just wish that people didn't have to die for us to become more adventurous. Sometimes I think that maybe, if we had trained better, we could have saved everyone. If we had been with King Venom and his family, we would have saved them. It was all about timing, and we messed up."
Sky stopped in his tracks, causing Lachlan to do the same. Sky grabbed Lachlan's shoulders, looking his straight in the eyes. "Don't you ever say that we messed up. We did the best we could. And we are lucky we've gotten this far. We have done nothing wrong, it wasn't our fault. It's-" Sky stopped, his face hardening with pure hatred. "Herobrine's fault..." (AN: I know my dad is reading this and is really confused so go ahead and search Herobrine on Google XD)
The blonde boy sighed, looking down at his feet as he trudged along the gravel path. They walked in silence, waiting for Jason to return to them. Every once in a while, they would find dropped items from where someone had.... They didn't think about it. They sifted through the items, grabbing the necessities and carrying on their way. Jason soon returned, setting down in front of them as his jetpack sputtered, then gave out all at once. He took it off his back, removing the large hey empty tank, and tossing it to the side. He placed the jetpack back on, though it was of no use anymore.
"The bunker is right up ahead, but the mobs are trying to make their way in. They heard the talking from inside, all the Creepers are ready to blow up the walls." Jason explained quickly. Sky nodded, clutching his sword in one hand and nodding ahead of him, walking forward. As he got closer, he heard the noises of the monsters ahead. He was waiting for the perfect moment to save the people inside, when something grabbed his arm. He gasped, holding back his scream. Sky yanked his arm away, slicing the zombie in the abdomen, watching it fall to the ground.
"Aw crap..." He muttered as some of the monsters turned to them, walking towards him. He took a deep breath, thinking of the only thing he could possibly do.
He ran. Towards the monsters. Screaming at the top of his lungs. Waving his sword around. Every single monster turned to him, immediately making their way towards him.
"GET EVERYONE OUT! NOW! GO!" Sky screamed as loud as he could at the baffled Jason and Lachlan. They watched him, mortified, before bursting into action. Sky kept running, farther and farther away. He grabbed his torches and waved them around, still screaming.
"COME AND GET ME SUCKERS! HA! TAKE THAT!" He yelled, throwing a couple torches at the nearest Creeper. The large green hissing monster was knocked back a bit, and was suddenly ignited. His hissing grew louder and louder, until Sky heard the satisfying BOOM! He jumped forward, feeling the explosion hit him in the back, causing him to tell out in pain. Luckily, many mobs had been killed by the blast, and he was knocked far ahead of the remaining ones. He grinned through the pain, knowing he had to deal with it, as much more pain was ahead.
"They had better be out by now..." He muttered, jumping onto the nearest tree and quickly scrambling up it, to the highest stable branch. An arrow whizzed by his head, which he quickly dodged. The mobs were closing in, but there weren't many creepers that would blow up his tree. He put away his sword, snatching up his bow and arrows. He loaded the bow, drawing the strong back before releasing it and allowing the sturdy arrow to fly through the air, finding it's mark in the head of the nearest Creeper. The brown haired boy smiled, realizing his 'Katnissing'-as Mitch called it- skills had increased. He blew a rebellious strand of hair from his face, loading in his next arrow, and lining his bow up to it's next victim.
"Hope you had a nice life, because it's over now." He whispered before letting go of the string again, his trusty arrow once again hitting it's mark. "Yes!" He shouted, pumping his fist in the air.
He felt himself falling, and quickly steadied himself. He began building out from the tree, starting a sort of treehouse. He stopped building once
He finished the walls, as he didn't need a roof overnight. The sky was clear, no sign of rain as the sun faded away into vibrant pinks and oranges. Sky smiled, watching the bright colors dance across his vision. He chuckled, thinking about his situation. Sky, staring at the sky. Pretty ironic.
"I wonder where everyone is right now. How they're doing..." He asked himself, sitting up and rubbing his face. The weight of the issue was settling in finally, he was stuck here. The mobs surrounded him, all of them thinking only of his death. That was their only goal at the moment. Sky groaned, putting his face in his hands. "I messed up, big time. I can't believe I just got myself into this." He whispered, suddenly wanting nothing but to get out of this mess. "Why can't I just wake up? Why? Why me? Why can't this all be a dream? Maybe it is, maybe I'll wake up in my nice warm bed, I'll get up and go to training. I'll work hard. Prevent this nightmare from ever happening." Sky told himself, and he quickly closed his eyes, pinching his forearm as hard as he could. "Ouch!" He squeaked, suddenly feeling childish.
Perhaps this wasn't a dream. Maybe this was another problem life was throwing at him, and he just had to work through it, get out alive. At the end, he would be rewarded. Somehow, some way. Then, another thought popped into his mind.
Alesa.
His beloved girlfriend Alesa. Where was she? Had she been killed? Was she safe and sound with Mitch and the others? Had she gone to hide out herself? What had happened to her? A wave of worry hit Sky like a wall, causing him to stand up with a whole new determination. "I need to find her..." He whispered, chopping a doorway in the wall of his treehouse and stepping out onto the bright green leaves. Many of the mobs had dispersed, leaving a few in his path. He grasped his sword, yanking it from its place on his belt and holding it at the ready. After a moment, he took off, leaping down from the tree and onto a nearby skeleton. He came crashing down so hard that he crushed the bones he landed on. A loud, quick hiss sounded behind him, and he turned just in time to see the large spider leaping onto him, attempting to sink it's teeth into him. Sky swung his sword around aimlessly, struggling under the strangely large creature. Finally, he heard a satisfying slice, and the spider went limp. It's head, however, rolled across the grassy ground, just mere inches from a zombie. Sky slowly got up, and tiptoed away, careful not to make a noise. He kept his eyes locked on his makeshift treehouse and the monsters around it, ready to run for it as soon as one spotted him.
To his relief, he got out of sight without them seeing him flee. He turned around and began walking with a smile. "Sure showed those fools! Ha! Don't mess with Sky you little pests!" He trash-talked to absolutely no one. That's when he thought, how would he get back? He had ran in a random direction, and his friends were long gone by now. They thought he was dead, forever lost. And perhaps he was, after the mess he had plunged into without a second thought.
He shook away the thoughts that flashed into his mind, and pushed forward. He would find his friends, even if it took days, weeks, months even! He'd find them. But it was getting dark, and he wasn't sure if they had stopped to make shelter yet or if they were still moving onward, farther and farther from him. Anyways, where was he? He had never seen this place before, it was all totally new to him. He looked around, spinning in circles. Wait, which way had he been going again? Was it this way? Or this way? He kept spinning, walking in circles, unsure of which way he had come from, which was he was heading. He would use the sun for the direction if it wasn't for the fact that he wasn't sure which direction he ran in the first place.
Slowly, Sky sank to his knees, clutching his hair in his fists. He was going mad, and he hadn't even been out here a day. The eerie feeling of this forest, it seemed almost cursed. Noises came from every direction, yet he could find no source. He began breathing heavily, panic setting in quickly. He would never get out! He was lost! Trapped in this unforgiving forest! Tears streamed down his cheeks as he sobbed.
"Wh-what am I-I doin-ing, I am a-a Protector-or of the ki-ki-king. I do-don't cry!" He stuttered out in between his gasps for air. His breathing hitched in his throat for a short moment, then he began to hyperventilate. His eyelids drooped, and he slowly dropped to the ground. Sky's vision blurred, as the world around him went dark. The last thing he saw before he passed out was a pair of glowing white eyes in the trees.
"Herobri-" he whispered, then went out all together.

<<>>

Just as the day before has begun, the following day wasn't much different. Sky's eyes opened slowly, only to shut again as the harsh light reached them. He groaned, his head pounding. He tried to utter a few words, but they were quiet and rough. He coughed, his hand flashing up to his neck, in pain.
"Crap..." He muttered hoarsely. Sky stood up slowly, reach back to his ponytail and yanking the rubber band out of his hair. His hair fell down, just barely resting on his shoulders before he pulled it back up into another ponytail. "This is just great, I'm lost and basically crippled, in a cruel forest with no idea of where to go. Great! This is just perfect!" He began shouting, slowly gaining is voice back. Sky grabbed his backpack and slung it onto his back, trudging to Notch only knows where. At this point, he didn't even care. (Shut up I didn't mean to rhyme...) He just wanted out of this unforgiving, cursed, mob-infested, Herobrine-filled forest. He huffed in annoyance, still unsure of what had truly happened the night before. Was that really Herobrine? Had Sky been made unconscious by THE Herobrine? Anger flowed through his veins at the thought of the man's name. Never did he want to come in contact with him, ever again. He had enough of him when he...
Sky stopped thinking about it. The only thing he needed to do now was find his friends. Because the clock was ticking, every second they got farther away. Every second his chances of death were greater. Every second he wondered if they were still alive.
Every second, he wondered if he would ever find them.

AN: CHAPTER TWO VIOLA! Hope you guys are enjoying it, not sure if this is long at all, hoping so. On my phone, I'm still in Florida. I'll get back home tomorrow after the like 8 hour drive XD anyways, I'll write more of this story in the car, and after we get settled back in at home, I play with my cat after not seeing her for two weeks, and I might start a skype call with Leafy, I'll get to writing the finale of MITM. :)
OH YEAH! One question! Leafy and I are probably starting a YT channel together where we do vlogs and challenges, like solo videos unless we get together for a video, and we were looking for names. It might not just be her and I though. Any ideas? :)
WINNERS OF THE CHARACTER CONTEST:
FoximoReading, Yassen8, ToxicDJ, WarriorLover35, RedTheBanned, KaitPlaysMinecraft
Congratulations guys! :)
Thanks so much you guys, Buh baiiiii!!! :D