Chapter 6

(Song on repeat: The Reckless And The Brave by All Time Low)

Sky grinned, shaking hands with Jerome before turning and marching off again. "Come on you guys, chop chop! We are losing our amazing gain we stayed up for nights and nights for!"

Frags yelled excitedly, ready to get going again. He seemed to like the adventure aspect, but not the fighting aspect. He loved the feeling of being in danger, but nothing ever truly happening. But when a problem came along, Jerome was the one to call for.

"Do we have to?" Jerome muttered tiredly. Sky sighed, nodding to Rock. Jerome happily climbed atop the horse, soon falling asleep from the soft sound of horse hooves and the gentle rocking with each step.

"Well now that he's out for a while, let's get going and talk at the same time. I haven't had much time to talk to you, you've been kinda quiet." Frags pointed out, and Sky nodded.

"I know I've been a bit standoffish, but hey, I'm separated from my friends and my girlfriend and everything I know is crumbling and-"

"No no no! I understand dude, I'm just saying. I want to get to know you a little bit. I know more about your friends than I know about you." Sky thought for a moment, trying to formulate an answer. Trying to think of something about himself, but nothing came.

"I- I don't know... I guess I've devoted so much time to my work that... I don't really know too much about myself, or anything I like. It's been work work work ever since I was little, when I started training for the King's Army. But now that's gone, and I don't know where to go from here..." He slowly sunk into a whisper, looking at the ground in realization. Everything he could remember was work. His whole life was his work. He thought his whole life that he was truly living, that the rush the army gave him was all there was to know. Was there more?

"Really? Wow man, that sucks. You've never just taken time to yourself and like, climbed a tree or anything? Man my life I've been running around, when I was a kid I'd race my friends up the tallest trees, when I turned into a teenager I was a trouble maker. I'd go around mixing up people's chests with the same friends and stuff like that, but then we all noticed what we were doing was bad, so we stopped." Frags' eyes were bright as he spoke, and they shone with happiness.

Sky chuckled, thinking of a tiny Preston climbing up a tree. He suddenly wished he had done the same- all of his friends were also training for the army. "Where are your friends now?" Sky asked after a moment. Suddenly, Frags' face dropped into a frown, lip quivering, and eyes watering.

"I was running away from the mobs that killed them when I found you..." He whispered, his gaze also dropping to watch his feet. Sky gasped, a wave of guilt rushing over him.

"I-I'm sorry... I really shouldn't have brought it up. I'm sorry." He muttered, kicking a rock forward, shoving his hands in his pockets. Frags shook his head quickly.

"No no no! It's okay, I just haven't really thought about it yet. I've been keeping my mind from it. It's just sinking in I guess, the people I have been with all my life, the people that made me who I am, they're gone. They're dead, and I couldn't save then. Because I'm a coward. I was too afraid to fight, too afraid I would die also. But they were fearless, they were brave. They wanted to fight, even if it meant death." He paused to wipe a stray tear from his face, taking a deep breath before starting again. "As they figured out they were losing, that they wouldn't make it through the fight, they told me to run. They told me to run as fast and far as I could. And go until I found more people to survive with. So I ran. I ran for so long, and I ran until I found you and Jerome. Since I'm kinda shy, I well, I watched you guys for a while." Sky chuckled, as they both knew how creepy that sounded. "But when you guys were about to fight, I couldn't just let it happen. So I stopped it." Frags looked up at him with a sad smile, indicating he was done with his tale.