Chapter 33

Katherina POV

(Two weeks later)

My life was amazing with Nathan but one thing that it wasn't is easy. Falling in love with a mafia leader doesn't work as a fairy tale especially when the man you fell in love is a man of aggression. At the party last night Franco behaved ill with me all the time which Nathan let go because I told him to but he couldn't overlook when Franco called me a 'whore of Nathan'. Nathan go furious and was about to hit Franco but I came in front of him to stop him and soon after that party was over when Nathan dragged me out of there.

After the party, there is definitely something wrong with Nathan which he is not telling me, I can see the tension on his face all the time and how he became distant now and most of the time stay alone even when he is at home with me. I know how hard all of this is for him and I want to take all his tension away that's why I'm preparing dinner for him maybe after dinner we can spend some time together and talk about it.

Nathan has been amazing with me, he took care of me, he loves me, he pampers me with the expensive gifts, and took me to amazing places until that party happened. I know Nathan doesn't want to lose his temper like that in the party but he couldn't stop himself when Franco pushed me in anger which had me stumble and lose my balance and hit against the bar counter and afterward he abused me in a drunken state. Until I balanced myself back, Nathan had already seen what happened and was stepping angrily towards Franco looking as if he would kill him right there, I don't know what had happened if I didn't step in between.

I remember when I woke up the next morning after the party, I saw Nathan standing near the bedroom window with Kayle. Nathan looked angry but immediately all his anger vanished when his eyes fell on me. Kayle did some check-up and ask me about my back which was paining badly due to slamming against the counter but I didn't want to make Nathan angrier so I lied to him telling him that I'm absolutely fine. Nathan didn't look pleased with my answer and he caught me lying which made him look away from me which was painful but I just wanted him to forget everything that happened at the party last night.

I was done preparing dinner and walk out of the kitchen to set dishes on the dining table when I saw Nathan sitting on the couch watching tv. I serve the food on the plates and went into the living room to call him for dinner.

"Nathan dinner is ready," I said, he turned the tv off and got up from the couch coming to the dining, he sat on the head chair while I pour him a glass of wine.

I took a seat on his right and watch him eat while he didn't even look at me once, "Eat" Nathan pointed his fork on my plate, I diverted my eyes from him and start eating.

Nathan picked his glass of wine and gulp the liquid down his throat, he didn't exchange a single word with me the whole day and when I thought he would pay some attention to me he just ate his food and left from there leaving me alone.

I was losing myself, I cleaned everything before walking back into the bedroom. When I enter I saw Nathan standing outside in the balcony with a cigarette between his fingers. He had stop smoking around me when once out of nowhere I told him that I don't like it when he smokes but he started smoking again after the party although he still takes care while smoking that I'm not around him.

I can't take the silence anymore, it was eating me up so I decided to talk to him.

Nathan's back was towards me and he was staring at the dark sky in front of him, little droplets of rain were streaming down his bare chest but he didn't care, I walk out in the balcony but he didn't even notice me. The locket around his neck was shinning under the full moon touching his bare wet muscled chest. I walk around and stood in front of him, I place my hand on his warm chest when finally he looked down at me.