Chapter 31

Katherina POV

The darkness and coldness of tonight remind me of Nathan.

I'm sitting alone on a bench in an empty garden and this is exactly what I'm feeling right now.... empty.

My heart is broken into millions of pieces. The only person whom I trusted with my whole heart has pushed me away, he doesn't want me. Maybe I don't deserve the happiness that's why everybody just hurts me in their own way.

I never really enjoyed living my life I was just surviving, when one day I came to know that my father has sold me to a man...not just any man, to the don. I wanted to die that day, I wanted to end all of that at once but I couldn't, and then Nathan came in my life.

When I had thought that he would finish me all by himself, Nathan did the complete opposite of it, he taught me how to live. He gave me moments of laughter, peace, joy. Nobody ever took care of me the way he does or made me feel anything like he makes me feel. Nathan made me believe that anything that happens to me affects him too. He made sure of my comfort, he made sure of my feelings and emotions only to shatter my heart into pieces one day.

I can't even hate him because I love him so much, I don't even know how or when I start needing him so much. I just know that he made me fall for him, he made me give my heart to him, every single day, every single second I was falling for him.

Nathan came in my life as a nightmare and I have never imagined that he will become the man of my dreams. He is exactly the kind of man with whom I wanted to spend the rest of my life. When I was told that I have to marry a mafia leader, a stranger, a mobster I hated myself more than I could hate him but he changed my mind, he changed my life.

Nathan was right when he told me that he will take everything, my body, my soul, and my heart, he did take my heart only to break it into pieces.

I want him, I want to be with him. I don't want anybody else but him forever. He might have never treated me like his possession but he definitely possessed me and my heart.

My tears dried up on my cheek, I have no more tears left to cry. It is a cold and dark night, I feel scared to be all alone in this empty park. I wish that Nathan was here to comfort me but he is the one who put me in this position, who broke me. It feels like my life has come to an end, I have nothing left to live for now. He made me a mess, I'm devastated, I'm disappointed, I'm heartbroken, I'm angry, I'm frustrated with him.

I was weeping inaudibly when a bright light hit my eyes, I raised my hand to cover my eyes. I heard the sound of tires screeching in front of me and a car came to halt. I move my hand away from my face and open my eyes only to see the last person I was expecting right now.

"So he sent his sidekick to get me now!" I spat at Chris who was glaring at me with irritation.

"Get in the car!" He said sternly making me angrier.

"No! Just go away" I shout back at him.

Chris scoffed try to control his anger, "Look Katherina just get in the damn car, Nathan is losing his shit".

Why? Why now? Isn't he was the one who was ignoring me when I was crying and pleading in front of him.

"Really, is he now?" I chuckle sarcastically and look away from him. Chris was about to spat back at me when his phone rang cutting him off in middle.

"Yes, I found her," he said on phone making me glare at him, who was he talking to now but I really don't care so I looked away.

A loud bang startled me but I didn't look at Chris way. He walked towards me and sat next to me, I turn completely to the other side ignoring him.