Chapter 3

Katherina POV

I couldn't sleep, I was afraid that he will barge in and do something which I cannot imagine happening with me. I am aware that I have to eventually give up to him but the thought of being sold to him as a part of the deal makes me feel like a slut.

I was in freshman year and working in a café to earn some money so that I could take admission in university after college, I had a life and in a moment, it's all gone.

How did I end up here?

Why the hell my dad sold me to the don, didn't he know what he can do to me...with me?

My life is about following a criminal's orders now and to be at his mercy.

I know he will ruin me. I don't want this. I can't let this happen to me.

I wipe my tears and suddenly have an urge to drink water. My stomach growl, I haven't eaten anything after I had lunch in college with my friends.

I stepped down from the bed and walk over to the door hoping that it is unlocked and to my disbelieve it was. I walk out of the room and quietly stepped in the hallway aware of not making any sound which wakes the demon, it took me fifteen minutes to find the kitchen in this big place which was downstairs.

I searched for the glass in the cabinets and found a wine glass, I filled it from the tap and drank water, the cold liquid run down my throat. I placed my hands on the counter and hung my head low, breathing, and closing my eyes letting the liquid run down my dry throat.

My stomach growled again with hunger, I was at the kitchen but didn't know where to look or should I even look. I didn't want to do something which will get me in trouble but anyways I was so hungry that I finally look around to find anything to eat.

"What are you doing here, tesoro?"

My heart stop when I heard the same husky voice. I left the drawer open in which I was looking for food and turn around only to meet with the same blue eyes frowning at me.

Nathan was standing near the kitchen stool only in his pants and his bare tattooed chest on display. I couldn't avoid but to look at his toned packed abs. The silence around was unsettling when he took a step closer to me.

"I asked something," he grunts making me look up at his face and met his dark blue orbs, he was waiting for an answer but as if my mind stops working, he folded his hand in front of his chest impatiently.

"I- I was-" my voice came out as a mere whisper unable to form a complete sentence due to fear.

He looked behind me at the open drawer and then back to me, "Are you hungry?" he asked in a normal voice.

I stood there quietly not knowing what to respond, I refuse to have dinner when the maid asked me because I was angry which he probably know, I look down avoiding his gaze on me.

"I'll make something for you" he whisper and walk in the kitchen, he opens the fridge and took somethings out.

What?

He is cooking? For me? The don?

"Sit, mia amore,"

His tone was calm which was scaring me more. It's like the silence before a storm.

Why he is doing this?

He starts preparing when I turn around I saw him chopping some veggies, looking at the knife in his hand made my blood run cold.

"You don't look fine, sit down" my eyes went up to his and he was looking seriously at me, "Sit!" His voice raises as he order me and I immediately sat down on one of the kitchen stools.

I didn't knew what to do. It was awkward sitting there and watch him as he cook. He was totally focused on cooking while it was getting hard for me to sit there.