Chapter 30

Thanks to each and every one of you who voted or commented or followed me or added my story in their reading list. It really means a lot to me :)

Katherina POV

Tossing and turning on the bed I open my eyes around six-thirty only to realize that I had fallen sleep in jeans with the lights on and the door wide open.

Gosh, where's my mind at!

After taking a nice long bath I walked downstairs to have breakfast and after that, I went out to spend some time on the lawn, did some gardening while Marco kept staring at me like I'm some kind of criminal. Not to spoil anybody's mood I went back to the mansion also because I don't want Marco to question me about yesterday or had some kind of doubt on me.

I sat on the couch turning on the tv to engage myself in anything other than what's going in my life right at this moment which is very confusing at the same time very overwhelming. I was busy watching tv when the ding of lift distracted me, I turn to look for the guest when the person walked in was none other than Nathan.

I quickly got up from the couch and step towards Nathan, I was so excited to see him after days, I missed him so much.

"Nathan!" I said excitedly and step closer to hug him but he didn't stop and walked straight past me without even saying a word.

Maybe, he is not in the mood right now, he must be tired. I walk upstairs to see him, his back was towards me and he was taking his shirt off when I enter the room so I couldn't see his face though I saw his muscled bareback.

"I left you a voicemail but you didn't reply," I said in a low tone not to irritate him for sure. Nathan paused for a moment when he heard me and then he threw his shirt on the couch and went inside the bathroom closing the door with a bang behind him.

What's wrong with him? Did something happen when he was away?

I left him alone and went downstairs where Rosie and maids were preparing lunch so I sat on the couch turning on the tv. Maybe Nathan and I will have lunch while watching tv like we do most of the time.

Nathan walked downstairs all showered, he didn't dry himself. The water was spilling from his hair streaming down on his bare chest which was glistening with water. I couldn't help but notice that he looks extremely exhausted and tensed. One thing that caught my eyes was that he was not wearing the chain I had given him which gave me a feeling that there is something very serious and it's not about his work or has anything to do with tiredness.

Our eyes met for a moment before he looked away and walked into the kitchen instead of walking to me. This has never happened before ever, Nathan always looks for me whenever he comes back home but today as if he is trying to avoid me as much as he can. I got up from the couch and followed him in the kitchen where he already sat for lunch, we always have our meal together, this has never happened that he won't ask me to eat or eat alone. What is going on in his mind? I sat opposite to Nathan when Rosie served me a plate as well. Nathan didn't look up at me, just kept eating his food not sparing me a single glance.

I keep waiting for him to at least look at me once but he didn't, it starts to get irritating because I miss him so much and when he came back he doesn't even look at me, I couldn't take it anymore and decided to start the conversation.

"Nathan did something hap-"

"Can't you see that I don't want to talk and eat my food in peace!" Nathan yelled smashing his fist on the counter angrily breaking the plate. I flinch away getting up from my stool in fear when Nathan also got up walked away leaving me alone.

I felt as if somebody has kicked me hard in the stomach. I have never seen this kind of anger and fire for me in his eyes, he never yells at me. I wipe the tears left my eyes and ran up to the bedroom.

What possibly could have happened which had Nathan yell at me or push me away from himself? I haven't seen him in days and waited for him like a mad person and this is what he gives me back.